PDA

View Full Version : 4310, what to power them with ?

cheesefoot
01-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Hello to you all, I'm new to the place and all I know about JBL is that they have an impressive headbanging potential. My first speakers were a pair of L19 which I finally threw away because the speaker surrounds were broken, I know I deserve to get beheaded but hell we all do mistakes in our youth.

As part of a midlife crisis relief project I bought today a pair of 4310, I listened to them at the seller's house and I was mildly impressed with their sound, the mid being a bit squawky, voices don't sound good. But being a Naim/Epos ES30 user I miss the air guitar factor and I tell you I am more than happy with the JBL's for that. Hey AC/DC sound bloody cool on them and Brian Johnson's voice is fokked up anyway so what the hell about the squawky mids. The JBLs are now in my lounge next to the Epos. Oh and they have that typical 70s hifi smell, delightful.

I intend to use the JBLs in a third system so I need an integrated amp for them. I don't want to spend megabucks on it as I foresee that I will tire one day of their sound and I will sell them on to another midlifer.

I reckon Naim would be a very bad pairing as it would make the mid driver sound even more like a duck, I imagine something like a smooth Electrocompaniet but of course much cheaper, maybe Marantz why not but again they are not cheap.

In advance, many thanks for some ideas.

cheesefoot.