PDA

View Full Version : HELP!...I need information for a James Lansing/ JBL documentary

SUPERBEE
01-18-2009, 01:09 PM
As some of you know I have dabbled in film and TV direction/production. I am currently working up information to POSSIBLY do a 1 hour documentary on James Lansing and the JBL company history. I need to know who I should talk to and possibly interview today regarding both Jim Lansing and the JBL company? I would also love any input as to who has some of the more interesting gear that we could include in the doc. Any other suggestion would be welcome at this point. You can contact me directly at [email protected] or post here if you would like. Thank you in advance for your help

:applaud:

Mr. Widget
01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Sounds like a cool project. Good luck!

The no brainer first move is to contact JBL's PR dept. I would contact Northridge as JBL Consumer seems to be rounding up the wagons and heading West leaving their Connecticut offices.

Widget

SUPERBEE
01-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Widget

I was in contact with them last year when I first started this crazy idea. I had to put it on hold but I am back now.

Another question I have for the forum is how would you like a JBL doc to look? The people here are a large part of the reason I am doing this.

Would you like to see a detailed account of Lansing's life, would you like to see a lot of technical focus, or just a straight chronological look at the evolution of JBL up to today?

JBLRaiser
01-18-2009, 03:46 PM
where JBL has played a part. Whether it be an historic concert, event,album.

SUPERBEE
01-18-2009, 03:58 PM
where JBL has played a part. Whether it be an historic concert, event,album.

I know there is an interview with Les Paul about JBL we want to use

Titanium Dome
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I suppose a lot of the early stuff through the 50s will have to be "Ken Burns effect" in its presentation, but for me the coolest bits would be to dredge up actual footage that includes short clips of Jim Lansing and some of his early associates in action.

I would ask Don McRitchie (if you can find him) if he knows of the existence of such footage, and I'd contact the Lansing family. That'll take some doing, but there are plenty of clues here on LH if you dig in the right places.

As you know, everyone might say, "Doesn't exist" and probably mean it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Was he ever at the Academy Awards and got caught on camera? Did he ever make a promo tape that's sitting somewhere in an old public relations firm's archives. Did he give an interview, lecture, workshop that got recorded, etc.?

There are lots of places to look.

Titanium Dome
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
BTW, you have at least two different projects here. I know you know that.

SUPERBEE
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
BTW, you have at least two different projects here. I know you know that.

Just one

SUPER STUFF is on hold, creative differences.

clubman
01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
I always watch the show Modern Marvels on the history channel. It would be cool to if they have a episode with JBL in it?

Harvey Gerst
01-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Well, I'm still around. I imagine Dick May, and Johnny Edwards are around too. Are Tony Lowe and Tony Pacheko still around?

DJXS.ee
01-30-2009, 09:13 PM
you should include me and my co worker in this!! we could be used in the "then and now" part haha, use our MRX 500's and show a past performance compared to the now performance,+we wear the JBL professional shirts :applaud: