View Full Version : Any suggestions how to repair a 1/4 inch hole in the surround of my 108H mid?

01-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I recently bought a pair of used 108H 8" mids for my 250ti's, and one of the surrounds (pleated style?) has a 1/4 tear/hole in it.

Is there any type of flexible glue or material that I could use to repair the hole? It almost seems like I could leave it as is, but if there is a fix I could do I would value your suggestions.

01-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Well one good thing, you are not using it as a woofer so low excursion and little pressure variation. Just a thought but a dab of rubber cement on the back side might do the trick. It's flexible, easy to remove and fairly benign so it shouldn't harm anything. I used it to repair a tear in a 2118 surround and it worked out very well.

If you have a hole I did a repair on 123A woofers a while back. I cut the surround off a damaged cone and used that to patch the hole. Heated things up with a hair dryer, got real sticky and once it cooled it worked very well.

I think you would want to try the rubber first.

Hope this helps


01-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Sound like the rubber cement worked well for your repairs, and it does seem like the right kind of material to use.

It is a very small hole, it just bugged me to not try to do some repair to it.

Thanks for your tip:)