PDA

View Full Version : 4655 brackets

DanMan
01-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi all;

Just won these minty 4655's on ebay. Picked em up in person for a steal of 90 bucks each. A few scratches on the exterior but the drivers look brand new! Will post some pics for the fans :)

Ok, so onto my question...

I plan to put (hang?) these out on the back patio for parties and general annoyance of the neighbors...

The literature states "12 attachment points provide several attachment options" and also "accepts safety-rated attachment hardware". But my forum/internet searches don't return any pre-built hardware components or hanging brackets.

Did/does JBL sell brackets for these? Are there any other options I should consider for hanging these?

subwoof
01-12-2009, 03:43 PM
any large bracket for those will of been sold out by now. The bolts are 3/8-24 and if you go to a REAL industrial fastener store they might have them ( $$$ ).

Save yourself the hassle and remove the bolts, and install home depot 1/4-20 eyebolts ( they will get by the threads ) with locking washers..

chain 'em up and put on a wolf howling CD - never mind the neighbors, bother their DOGS...:)

subWOOF

DanMan
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Are you talking about this?

With a (locking) washer&nut on both sides of the cabinet (albeit with better chain)?

ps - the neighbors are dogs. just kidding ;-) but seriously, these speakers serve dual purposes.... since the specs say they should be installed in houses of worship, sunday's services will now be held in my backyard, amen!

subwoof
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Just add a second nut and a few washers and you are good to go.

Do *not* overdrive them or you will toast the diaphram ($$$). That woofer and it's thin paper doesn't have much bass but it is a very efficient cabinet.

JBL sold them for 111.11 each with free shipping at the 1997 NAMM show *warehouse* sale.

I bought 30 and these were all over ebay for many months

:cheers:

sub

DanMan
01-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey I resemble that remark! 111.11 in 1997 prices is like 8 grand today!

Well at 100db @ 1 watt.... I just couldn't resist ;-)