PDA

View Full Version : S8 Apollo's finally finished :)

JBLCanuck
01-12-2009, 12:41 AM
I finally got the Apollo's restored...er renovated I guess would be a better term :)
They sound real nice, I must say.
This is the first set of bullets I've ever run & now I know what you guys mean about them being like lasers :D When you're standing...they sound very different than when you're sitting & right in their aim:D
Will post a few pictures tomorrow...I'm happy to have resurrected them...well worth the effort. I guess I'm into them for about $1800, which may sound like a lot but they're definitely running a very high "Wife Acceptance Factor"...& there's something to be said for that:applaud:
They basically look like brand new 60's Apollo's only sound much better:)
I think I can say that the only JBL's I've owned that sound better are the 4343A's I sold Calvin & the 250Ti's Tom's enjoying down in Portland.
Tom...you'll be happy to know that the Polk's are gone!:D Actually...my wife is the happy one. They were just too big...no windows to look out with them around here :)
So they've been replaced with the 4333A's, the Apollo's, A cute little pair of 4301B's & the 4345's will be arriving home very soon.
So the question is, with all the blue paint around here...should the Apollo's be treated to a nice covering of Zilch cloth :D
Do any of you guys have one early screw on style L91 Lens you want to trade for a later velcro unit? I have a mismatched set & I'd rather use the oldies on these old Apollo's. The way the horns mount, it's easy to bolt them from behind on these.