PDA

View Full Version : JBL D130 (For Harvey or anyone)

Wes Southerland
01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I have a 60s JBL D130 that looks to be in excellent condition. The sound of the speaker is good but I think it sounds thin and not mellow and deep like it should. Do you think I need to recone? In other words when do you feel a D130 needs reconing? Does age affect the tone of a speaker?
I am using it in a Peavy Delta Blues Guitar Amplifier and I am trying to get the Vintage Chet Atkins Tone of his Standel Amplifier which is Deep Bass with a mellow sound. Thanks and all comments are welcomed.

John
01-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I have a 60s JBL D130 that looks to be in excellent condition. The sound of the speaker is good but I think it sounds thin and not mellow and deep like it should. Do you think I need to recone? In other words when do you feel a D130 needs reconing? Does age affect the tone of a speaker?
I am using it in a Peavy Delta Blues Guitar Amplifier and I am trying to get the Vintage Chet Atkins Tone of his Standel Amplifier which is Deep Bass with a mellow sound. Thanks and all comments are welcomed.

I have the same amp with the factory installed Peavey Blue Marvel 15" speaker. I am getting what I would describe as Deep bass with a mellow sound.

Is your D130 16OHM.?

57BELAIRE
01-12-2009, 09:01 AM
You don't mention your guitar...I assume it's a Gretsch hollowbody
or the like.

I wouldn't recone until it starts buzzing or rattling :D