PDA

View Full Version : searching for Altec 19 grill pegs/clips

Paul Underwood
01-05-2009, 07:55 AM
New guy here. Sorry if I've missed previously posted info. I did look, but I'm an old guy, so computers still mystify me...

I'm building new grill covers for my 2 pr. of Altec model 19s and subs which I built. Several of the original grill clips are missing, plus the subs never had grills at all. So I need several (40 total).

The original clips seem to provide extra support for the grill frame, so I'd like to find the original style. They consist of 2 pieces which are identical. They are black plastic disks (approx. 3/4" dia.), with small plastic 'nubbies' on them, which interlock when you push them together. They are attached to the cabinet/grill with a single screw.

Can anybody supply such clips? Or steer me towards a vendor who handles these items? Thanks for any help.

Paul Underwood

hjames
01-05-2009, 08:15 AM
New guy here. Sorry if I've missed previously posted info. I did look, but I'm an old guy, so computers still mystify me...

I'm building new grill covers for my 2 pr. of Altec model 19s and subs which I built. Several of the original grill clips are missing, plus the subs never had grills at all. So I need several (40 total).

The original clips seem to provide extra support for the grill frame, so I'd like to find the original style. They consist of 2 pieces which are identical. They are black plastic disks (approx. 3/4" dia.), with small plastic 'nubbies' on them, which interlock when you push them together. They are attached to the cabinet/grill with a single screw.

Can anybody supply such clips? Or steer me towards a vendor who handles these items? Thanks for any help.

Paul Underwood

Are they velcro discs?

BMWCCA
01-05-2009, 08:28 AM
:dont-know Maybe something like this?: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Manufacturing/Industry/Product-Catalog/Online-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECFTDQGLE0_nid=6L8L4SQKGTbeN 1J2KJ2SJCgl

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?66666UuZjcFSLXTtmXMy5Vs6EV76EbHSHVs 6EVs6E666666--

westend
01-28-2009, 10:32 PM
After using magnets on a pair of 4313's, I'll never use a plastic grill peg, again. I removed the pegs on the cab and drilled a slightly larger hole to accept the Neodynium magnet. Epoxied a magnet into the grill, as well, with reverse polarity and they stay perfectly attached. Easier to remove the grills, as well.