PDA

View Full Version : L110

infinityQ2
01-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I am not crazy. I absolutely love the bass from these , not to mention the mids and highs,,and side by side they, without a doubt, compare or exceed my L65s', obviously at lower volumes, but, does anyone agree ???????????? :D:applaud::barf:

Fred Sanford
01-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Lots of people here love these and the 4313s. They get good reviews and fond memories from the JBL designers themselves, as well.

je

infinityQ2
01-03-2009, 07:00 PM
ya but, the lows, the mids. the highs, are these a secret...?????

pmakres1
01-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Lots of people here love these and the 4313s. They get good reviews and fond memories from the JBL designers themselves, as well.

je

Yep, I love my 4313B's. Very nice and well balanced sound.

Pete

SMKSoundPro
01-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Yes! I listen to my L110's in my workshop office all day, 6 days a week. I power mine with a refurbished Fisher 800B tube type receiver and my laptop mp3's, or classical music or a really good PAC-10 Arizona BBall game when they were the "wildcats" instead of the "mildcats!"

The more you listen to them the more you will appreciate them!

In fact, I think I will hook them up to solid state vintage Crown on Monday. It will be a nice change. No wild EQ, just a bit of loudness contour.

Yes! L110's are a really great speaker in my opinion.

Scott.

Fred Sanford
01-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Yes! I listen to my L110's in my workshop office all day, 6 days a week. I power mine with a refurbished Fisher 800B tube type receiver and my laptop mp3's, or classical music or a really good PAC-10 Arizona BBall game when they were the "wildcats" instead of the "mildcats!"

The more you listen to them the more you will appreciate them!

In fact, I think I will hook them up to solid state vintage Crown on Monday. It will be a nice change. No wild EQ, just a bit of loudness contour.

Yes! L110's are a really great speaker in my opinion.

Scott.

Hey Scott- just an FYI from someone with similar toys here- I had the L110s running with a DC300A when we first moved here, and I didn't like it nearly as much as with the P2100s. Knowing you've got Yamaha P-series just lying around as doorstops, I figured I'd mention that so you could A/B them yourself...;)

I'm also a bit scared of the DC-damage potential from those amps, and have a DC-sensing circuit in line now that the DC300A is feeding some L100As.

Hmmm, I've got enough spare P2100s to bridge them & power the L110s...hmmmm...:hmm:...never thoughta that...:yes:

Enjoy...

je

pmakres1
01-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Another Vintage Crown man here...running my 4401's from my IC150A and DC300.

Many moons ago I too had L100A's that were driven by the same Crown combo.

Pete

SMKSoundPro
01-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Hi John!

I don't use the 2100's for simple amps because I have more 2200's and 2201's than 2100's. If I am going to hook the L110's up to anything, it would be the 2200 first.

I am in the market for a good preamp. I have been reading the other forum member's thoughts and experience on the APT Holman preamp, which I do know of, or just looking for a good vintage Yamaha receiver with preamp outputs for my workshop office.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

If you are going to have L110's, you will love them, SO... buy as many extra 033 diaphragms as you can, and a couple extra LE111 woofs..
Spare parts! Man, that is where its at!

Rarely, have I been so pleased with a $50 pair of speakers! Mine came from Portland missing the woofers. They were in their original shipping boxes with all of the paperwork. Just missing the woofers, and I just happen to have a pair sitting on a shelf. Go figure!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Scotty.

Fred Sanford
01-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Hi John!

I don't use the 2100's for simple amps because I have more 2200's and 2201's than 2100's. If I am going to hook the L110's up to anything, it would be the 2200 first.

I am in the market for a good preamp. I have been reading the other forum member's thoughts and experience on the APT Holman preamp, which I do know of, or just looking for a good vintage Yamaha receiver with preamp outputs for my workshop office.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

If you are going to have L110's, you will love them, SO... buy as many extra 033 diaphragms as you can, and a couple extra LE111 woofs..
Spare parts! Man, that is where its at!

Rarely, have I been so pleased with a $50 pair of speakers! Mine came from Portland missing the woofers. They were in their original shipping boxes with all of the paperwork. Just missing the woofers, and I just happen to have a pair sitting on a shelf. Go figure!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Scotty.

Mine were garbage-picked, with one Radio Shack woofer and one bare JBL woofer frame. They lived for a while with Vifa woofers in them (not bad, really) and thanks to 4313B here they now have almost-correct woofs (ferrite instead of the original AlNiCo).

As far as preamps, one odd choice I'm using that might be cheap & useful if you only use digital sources is the Marantz DP870 and HK ADP303. Designed as AC3/DD processors, and available pretty cheap on E-Bay 'cause people ditch their LDs & move up to DTS. If used as a stereo DAC instead of for surround, it's coax & optical inputs, sub out if desired (100Hz crossover), and a level control- that's it. No remote (I think the Marantz can switch inputs & bypass via remote, but not volume). If you use an analog source, it has to have its own level control- the analog input is purely a bypass on these (laptop or IPod works, just use their volume control). Just a thought...

je