PDA

View Full Version : Altec Santanas....muy primo!

shaansloan
01-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Well I picked up these beauties recently at a thrift store....they were dirt cheap......under a layer of dust was hidden these treasures....took them home and after an hour of cleaning and spit shine.....out comes these vintage kings from and era gone past! They are 8/10 condition, a few small veneer chips on two corners, otherwise clean!

Man you cannot belive the sound of these boys. :thmbsup: Now you can see they are atop my L300's so I do have something by which to assess fairly good gear. The Altecs are just fabulous....the 3" voice coils produce a wonderfully gentle tone.....I really like the Altec sound very much as well as the JBL's of course....but the Altecs have a whole different character....IMO every JBLer ought to have a nice set of Altecs to use as speaker stands for his JBLs' or visa versa.....

These guys have the 15" 420 Biflex coaxial drivers for LF and mids....tweets for HF's....man they are bueno!

I also have a set of Altec Carmels (dual 416's and 811b's) and these are of course another treasure from before the year I was born (1967)....my Carmels are from 1964.....

Altec Santanas....vintage Altec sweetness! I am grateful for the privilege to have them....

Shaan

RIGGED
01-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Very nice speakers dude. I make sure to hit the local thrift store every Saturday-so far no luck of any kind.

RIGGED