PDA

View Full Version : Speaker After Cleaning and Waxing -- Thanks for the Help!

farleybob
12-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice on how to clean up my Hartsfields and make them presentable. I decided to lean toward doing less than more -- I just cleaned it (I've only done one so far) with mineral spirits and waxed it with paste wax. It's a long way from perfect, but I think that it's OK even with its flaws and it's still original. Again, thanks again to everyone on the Board who helped! :blah: Now, I just have to get around to cleaning up the other one... :blink:

BMWCCA
12-27-2008, 04:26 PM
It looks great! Congratulations. I like the patina of authenticity. How do they sound?

farleybob
12-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks. I think they sound great. I'm not sure that they're technically the most accurate speakers in the world and they could probably use a supertweeter. But they have a really lively sound and are a blast to listen to. Mid-range and vocals are absolutely killer. I just had a homebrew single ended 2A3 amp driving them, which is probably not the best match for controlling the 150-4C's, so I'll probably try out some different amps and see how that goes.

Oldmics
12-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I also thought the mids and vocals were best on the single ended 2A3.

Its not what I use now as I wanted better bass response.

Oldmics