PDA

View Full Version : New member, me and my L150s

tarior
12-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi all. I've lurked on this site for a long time, and finally decided recently to join. I guess I just needed to get some worthy JBLs first.
A little about me. Until recently, I worked as an operator in a chemical plant, but the plant closed in October of this year, and suitable work has been scarce. I have had a side biz re-foaming and reconing speakers and performing other speaker related repairs since 1998, and after graduating from the electronics program at the local community college in 2004, I have added stereo repairs and restoration to my repoir.
I have actually made the decision to take my biz uptown, and will have a proper shop going after the new year. Wish me luck, in this economy I'm gonna need it.

I have only recently become an owner of "good" JBL speakers, like the L150s in the pics and some L212s that I'm going to restore in the near future.

rdgrimes
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Welcome.
Consider modifying the L150s to L150As. Simply replacing the drivers is a good start, but they should have crossover mods or change outs too. Not too expensive either way, and quite a bit of improvement IMHO.

Titanium Dome
12-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Nice looking rig there. Welcome!

Good luck with your endeavor. It's folks who take the risks now that will hopefully pull us through this recession. I appreciate you deciding to work instead of complain. Best wishes for a prosperous new year.

tarior
12-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Nice looking rig there. Welcome!

Good luck with your endeavor. It's folks who take the risks now that will hopefully pull us through this recession. I appreciate you deciding to work instead of complain. Best wishes for a prosperous new year.

Lol. I'll try and save my complaining for if things don't pan out.

I picked up a second set of L-150s that I may try doing a little modding on, they aren't nearly as nice as these.

Thanks for the kind welcome.