PDA

View Full Version : 4313b frequency level dials

Hadro
12-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Hello fellow 4313b fans. Can someone please help me with the following questions?

1) What are are the high & mid frequency dials on the speakers for? Mine are set to 0. I have never changed them in 35 years. When should one change these settings, if at all?

2) What kind of speaker stands are good for these beauties? What is the best height for them?

3) Were these speakers originally intended to be facing straight, or should they be toed in? (Assuming an acoustically decent environment).

Thanks for any advice,
Hadro

BMWCCA
12-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Hello fellow 4313b fans. Can someone please help me with the following questions?

1) What are are the high & mid frequency dials on the speakers for? Mine are set to 0. I have never changed them in 35 years. When should one change these settings, if at all?

2) What kind of speaker stands are good for these beauties? What is the best height for them?

3) Were these speakers originally intended to be facing straight, or should they be toed in? (Assuming an acoustically decent environment).

1). Do what sounds best to your ears..

2). mids and highs at ear level usually works for me

3). depends on the room, distance to the listener, etc. As in #1, do what works best for your ears and doesn't split the soloist in your soundstage.

It's usually all about what sounds best for you and your room. Experiment.