PDA

View Full Version : L300/4333's new $3K (2001)

SEAWOLF97
12-21-2008, 12:06 PM
did not know that L300's/4333's still available in 2001 (from Sound & Vision - Stereo Review's successor )

hope I'm reading this correctly ... somewhat jumbled :blink:

LATER: I guess it could be used, didnt read the ad that way ( in a new magazine, where nothing else was used ...mebbe ? )

BMWCCA
12-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Sounds used to me. Says he deals in "classic" JBL monitors. I read that as pre-owned, out of production. :dont-know

demon
12-21-2008, 02:33 PM
hey seawolf!

chilling thougt that there may be a full warehouse with new and boxed classic gear...i used google on "hal cox" and found this:

Hal Cox - Hal has allowed us to capture a sense of the time and personalities involved in the birth of the hi-fi phenomenon. Hal has been extremely generous with his time, in particular, allowing Steve Schell to document both his life and his collection of vintage audio equipment. As a personal friend of James B. Lansing, he has given us first hand insight into the personality of the man.
http://www.audioheritage.org/html/our-thanks/our-thanks.htm
:)
-----------------------------
i read it as "used gear", too.

:(

cheers,
mikey

Audiobeer
12-21-2008, 09:06 PM
I don't believe Hal is selling anything anymore. He was selling quality reproductions in 2001.

mike
12-21-2008, 09:45 PM
I spoke with Hal Cox back in the 90's a few times. He seemed like a friendly and interesting individual. He used to send out a photocopy of a late 60's JBL catalog that had his then current prices for used and reproduction systems.

Mike