PDA

View Full Version : Removing L pad knob from N7000

andywin
11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Can someone advise me how to go about it?

I don't want to damage it or strip a screw head, but I need to remove it to replace the L pad as cleaning it out hasn't worked.

Beowulf57
12-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Can someone advise me how to go about it?

I don't want to damage it or strip a screw head, but I need to remove it to replace the L pad as cleaning it out hasn't worked.

Check the side of the knob...you will find a hole...and in that hole you will find an Allen head screw...loosen the screw with an appropriate size Allen head key.

andywin
12-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Check the side of the knob...you will find a hole...and in that hole you will find an Allen head screw...loosen the screw with an appropriate size Allen head key.

I've tried every imperial & metric allen key I have and none seem to fit. Does anyone know the correct size?

Beowulf57
12-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I've tried every imperial & metric allen key I have and none seem to fit. Does anyone know the correct size?

Measuring using a micrometer the Allen key that works on mine reads 1.553mm...I think it is probably an Imperial size of 1/16" (~1.5875mm). It takes a bit of wiggling to get an Allen key that small properly inserted: just be gentle and persistent.

andywin
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Measuring using a micrometer the Allen key that works on mine reads 1.553mm...I think it is probably an Imperial size of 1/16" (~1.5875mm). It takes a bit of wiggling to get an Allen key that small properly inserted: just be gentle and persistent.

Your help was greatly appreciated. Despite using a releasing oil I still managed to twist one allen key like a corkscrew. Fortunately I had another managed to release the set screw after quite a lot of effort

Beowulf57
12-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Your help was greatly appreciated. Despite using a releasing oil I still managed to twist one allen key like a corkscrew. Fortunately I had another managed to release the set screw after quite a lot of effort

Success! :applaud: