PDA

View Full Version : 288K's

steamer
11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
I got my 288's today to put on my 203B horns. One problem, the posts on the driver are not marked. Which is pos and neg please. I believe the right is pos but I am unsure. Can anyone help.
Thanks, Greg

hmolwitz
12-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Try the old 9 volt battery trick and see which gives you forward motion on the Diaphragm.
Harry

Earl K
12-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Try the old 9 volt battery trick and see which gives you forward motion on the Diaphragm.

- I believe, 9 volts DC will over stress the suspension of virtually any compression driver / I'd suggest dialing the voltage down to 1.5 volts max ( reserve the 9-volt test for coned midranges and woofers ).

- It has been reported that hanging a tissue immediately in front of the 1.4" exit will give one a nice visual indication for the direction of diaphragm travel .

- FWIW, being from the SR side of things / I do these tests quite frequently using purpose built polarity checkers ( I think the "Cricket" is one such model available from Full Compass ) .

<> cheers

Earl K
12-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I got my 288's today to put on my 203B horns. One problem, the posts on the driver are not marked. Which is pos and neg please. I believe the right is pos but I am unsure. Can anyone help.
Thanks, Greg

- My 288-8K drivers have marked terminals ( I just looked ) .
- Actually, it's the left terminal that is marked with a positive stamp ( red-ink type ) .

- Orientation ( rotation of driver ) for identification purposes ;
(i) terminals are at the bottom of the circular back-cap .

< cheers