PDA

View Full Version : LSR32 or Century Gold?

Ti 5000
11-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Hello Guis. Sorry for my bad English. Iám from Austria:D
For a few weeks I´ve changed my JBL TI 5000 to a JBL Ceunury Gold Monitor. The Sound of the Century is extremley. The Bass is clear, and the Dynamic is wounderfoul.
Now My Question. When I see the System Of my Century Gold, and I see the System Of the newer LSR 32, so i see, that the Mid Tweeter is about the same. Is the LSr 32 and the Century Gold about the same Famili? And what is the betterone? Is the newer LSr32 better than the Century Gold?Or is the by Greg Timber Tuned Century the better one?
Please give me som answers, from People who means the Different.

Peter

Ti 5000
11-11-2008, 06:12 AM
And there is another Question for the Century Gold. Anyone here, who knows whats the SPL (Maxximum Sound pressure Level) from the Century Gold. I can´t find it in the Internet, or in this Forum.
Thanks for Answers.

Peter

4313B
11-11-2008, 06:23 AM
Greg apparently didn't like the LSR32.
Drew apparently did like the LSR32.
To each their own.

Anyone here, who knows whats the SPL (Maxximum Sound pressure Level) from the Century Gold.

Century Gold (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22105)

I would guess ~ 115 dB for a pair

Ti 5000
11-11-2008, 07:06 AM
@4313B
Thanks for Information. I can´t found the SPL in the List. Becaus you think 115db. It is much^^

The 4425 is noted in the List with 114db. But I can´t found any List from Century Gold with the SPL. Is the C1200 the same Low Frequency Transducor as in the 4425? Because I think JBl produce the C1200 specialized for the Century Gold?!?

4313B
11-11-2008, 07:17 AM
I calculated the SPL based on the power test for 8 hours. 114 dB sounds pretty reasonable.

I believe the woofer was unique to the Century Gold.

Ti 5000
11-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Thx for nice Info. 115db is a extrem High Level for a Small Bookshelf Monitor. When I see at the JBL 250TI, they have 114db. So I can´t understand the 115 from the Monitor:D
I know my question is bad, but I lik listening at extrem high voliume Levels^^

4313B
11-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I posted the link to the data and you can calculate the max SPL yourself. :)

Ti 5000
11-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Sorry. I think you understand me wrong.:DBecause my English is so bad.
What I mean is, that I can´t understand that a small speaker can heave mor SPL than a big speaker as the TI 250. I think from the physikalli a big Speaker than the TI250 with more voliume have more SPL.
On wich frequency have the Speakers the maximum SPL? Do you know that?
And thanks again for help.

4313B
11-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Note the system sensitivity:

250Ti (http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10623)

Ti 5000
11-12-2008, 04:26 AM
Is there anyone in the Forum who means the Sound of this bothe speakers? And can tell me the different between booth?
I listen the Century Gold on a Denon PMA 2000AE. Can anyone tell me, what is a good Amplifier for this Speaker? The Denon sounds well, but I think for a very loud Peak his power is to smaal:o:

Guido
11-12-2008, 12:52 PM
TI 5000

The Century Gold is the better Speaker. I did never like the Ti 5000.
I do not understand what your point is. Stop lamenting about technical data.
You have both speakers so try yourself wich one is louder or sound better.
As for the LSR go to a local musicians shop and hear them.
As for the amp, buy a Rotel or Harman power amp. Good value for the money.

Deutsch:
Die Century Gold ist der bessere Lautsprecher. Ich habe die Ti5000 nie gemocht.
Ich verstehe allerdings nicht was die Fragerei soll. Du hast doch beide Lautsprecher. Probier doch einfach aus welcher besser ist bzw. lauter spielt.
Wenn Du die LSR hören möchtest, gehe in einen Musiker Laden, hör Sie dir an und bilde Dir eine eigene Meinung.
Wenn Du einen vernünftigen Verstärker brauchst, kaufe einen Rotel oder Harman Endverstärker. Preis/Leistung top!

Ti 5000
11-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Hello Guido. I answer in German.
Hallo. Mein Englisch is leider so schlecht, dass ich missverstanden werde. Meine Eigentliche Frage ist nicht der Unterschied zwischen der TI 5000 und der Century Gold. Ich höre bei mir zuhause deutlich, dass die Century eine Lieger über der TI spelt. Ich wollte lediglich wissen ob wer mit der Century Gold, und mit der LSR 32 hörerfahrungen hat, und wie er den Unterschied Kathegoresieren würde? Da ja gleicher Mitteltöner.....Sind die LS relativ ident, oder ist das vom tuning her etwas ganz andres?
Und zum SPL, war meine Frage, wie kann ein so kleiner Monitor, mehr haben wie ein so großer LS wie die TI 5000. Kann es sein, dass der SPL beim Monitor bei einer anderen Fequenz gemessen wird, als bei Home Hifi Speakern?
Tja im übrigen is die Century Gold echt ein geiles Teil:D
Thx for help.

chuck
04-08-2009, 03:27 AM
TI 5000

The Century Gold is the better Speaker. I did never like the Ti 5000.
I do not understand what your point is. Stop lamenting about technical data.
You have both speakers so try yourself wich one is louder or sound better.
As for the LSR go to a local musicians shop and hear them.
As for the amp, buy a Rotel or Harman power amp. Good value for the money.

Hi Guido,
what exactly didn't you like about the sound of the TI5000? In my opinion the tweeter is a little bit too loud, but if it is attenuated a few dB, the TI5000 sound very good, which is of course a subjective rating.

I think the tweeters and the woofers are the same in the Century Gold and the TI5000, is this correct?

- chuck

Robh3606
04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
I think the tweeters and the woofers are the same in the Century Gold and the TI5000, is this correct?

No the woofers are different for sure, look at the frames. They both use the 050 tweeter however the Century uses the Gold version. Asside for the plating I don't know how different they really are response wise.

Rob:)