PDA

View Full Version : JBL 2425 has three hole & two hole mounts?

robertbartsch
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I recently received a pre-owned pair of 2425 drivers that have both two-hole and three-hole mounts. In other words, they have a standard drilled and tapped 3-hole pattern and also a 2-hole pattern.

At first inspection, I assumed the owner had drilled and tapped the two-hole pattern but the black crinkle paint from the factory seems to outline the two-hole pattern so, I assume, these came drilled and tapped for both type mounts from the factory.

Is this correct?

jcrobso
11-04-2008, 08:50 AM
There are some other brands of horns that use two mounting holes, Altec was one of them. John

grumpy
11-04-2008, 09:06 AM
http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Discrete%20Sales%20Models/2425HJ.pdf

subwoof
11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Factory. Made sense to allow these to replace the competition..:)

On the *first* generation 2425 ( painted gray with a straight snout ) there are recessed Allen bolts so you can remove the snout/throat...

It's been 20 years since I had some of them here but I would BET that the resulting exit is 1.5"....

Hmmm.......

robertbartsch
11-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Grump:
Ok, so from the 2425 spec sheet, apparently, these came from the factory with both three hole and two-hole mounting pattern.

I was kinda concerned since the two-whole pattern is very close to the edge of the magnet/motor and it does not look like a strong mount. From the gaskets on these drivers, however, I assume they were mounted in a two-way (e.g., Altec type) accustic lens/horn.

Thanks...