PDA

View Full Version : I love the smell of sub bass fragrance in the morning!

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 08:49 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/IndianaJones34/ApocalypseNowfragrance4.jpg

Here’s something I came up with last week a rather simple way of keeping smelling fresher!

Place or take an air freshener and place it inside the sub bass speaker enclosure this will allow a breath of wonderful fragrance to wash over you every time the sub goes down deep in the lower frequencies as the air is being pushed out though the port hole.

The ironside flip in transformers flushed out a wondrous fresh smell at regulated low deep levels. I haven’t tried spot frequency to see where the exact point it starts pushing air out, I guessing below 50Hz descending downwards

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/IndianaJones34/JBLIlovethesmellofsubbassinthemorni.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/IndianaJones34/JBLIlovethesmellofsubbassinthemo-1.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/IndianaJones34/JBLIlovethesmellofsubbassinthemo-2.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/IndianaJones34/Transformerfragrance.jpg

So if your smoker this may keep your sub and room smelling fresh! :D

Hoerninger
11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
What about surfing now with that fresh breeze?
( I do not like this smell of victory out of a drugstore. :( )

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 09:55 AM
What about surfing now with that fresh breeze?
( I do not like this smell of victory out of a drugstore. :( )

:rotfl:
I’m not putting you guys on it does actually work. I was really looking for the ones that you hang up in the car! I can place it nearer to the port on all three ports. I’ll pop down to the car bits store in the morning because it takes a bit of sound pressure to get around they type of air freshener that I’m using.

Or, wait a moment I can stick a few holes in the back part of plastic so that air turbulence will pass though it and blow out a bit more freshness.

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Just took this updated picture I cut two triangle holes on the back to allow more air to move around it and then blow it out though ports.

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Oh, that was fun even thou the room already smells nice! At this point it really pushed out extra low end fragrance!:D:p

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk279/SpectrumsubbassLFE13417/FlightofthePhoenixwaterfalllowendbo.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/IndianaJones34/FlightofthePhoenixboomchannelLFE-19.jpg

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/IndianaJones34/FlightofthePhoenixboomchannelLFE-20.jpg

Hoerninger
11-03-2008, 10:55 AM
For an optical indication of the air flow you can place a burning candle in front of one hole. The flame will bend off the hole.
(Just tested with deep organ tones for guarantee :thmbsup: .)

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
I’m having a whale of fun and laughter with this besides taking the piss out of movie dialogue and placing “fragrance” its place.

I’m trying out Disney’s The Black Hole (1979) to see if I can’t get sucked into the fragrance! LMAO!:bouncy::D:rotfl:LOL

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 11:07 AM
For an optical indication of the air flow you can place a burning candle in front of one hole. The flame will bend off the hole.
(Just tested with deep organ tones for guarantee :thmbsup: .)

Hmmm, why didn’t I think of that’s a cracking idea Peter, I still have plenty of those table candles that I used for my pumpkin I’ll give it a shot. Not sure if I can take a good enough picture much less even a decent video for youtube because the light-level is so poor in the room the camera want see much unless I have natural light or 800 bulb to light the room!

I’ll give it try I’ll make sure the fire extinguisher is on hand in case things warm up! Just kidding I always play safe!

I have one organ peddle sequence from Gremlins 2 I could try that! :D

Hoerninger
11-03-2008, 11:21 AM
H
I have one organ peddle sequence from Gremlins 2 I could try that! :D

The recorded purring of your tiger might be a good choice too. :bouncy:

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Okay its dinner time chips curry beef and rice!

I set the candle up on top of mayonnaise jar its empty! The Black Hole uses LFE.1 aka Baby Boom sparingly at the moment the candle flame is neutral.

My kitten is having nap on the desk and isn’t interested in the curry LOL! If let it eat any of that curry it will on the litter tray all night!!!! LOL:rotfl:

The recorded purring of your tiger might be a good choice too. :bouncy:

Well I have that Behringer ECM8000 calibration microphone its got good pick-up sensitivity when passed though the MIC100 preamplifier I could get low frequency purring and then record on the computer then play it back though the pc and sound it though the AUX on the AVR and use the (sw-re-mix) mode and watch the flame fluttering.

Hoerninger
11-03-2008, 11:54 AM
... and watch the flame fluttering.

Just to sharpen your observation and your appetite, there will not always be flutter. With a constant tone there is a constant bend off.
(That is the surprising result. :yes: )

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Just to sharpen your observation and your appetite, there will not always be flutter. With a constant tone there is a constant bend off.
(That is the surprising result. :yes: )
Well I’m waiting and looking at the flame, for the LFE.1 aka “baby boom” track to cut-in there’s only31 minutes left to the film and the LFE.1 won’t kick-in until the large deep sound effects start to play.

JBL 4645
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
At 76m:08 where the power reactor on the Cygnus overpowers itself with an explosion I saw slight waving of the flame neat I like it.:D

77m: 41s as the U.S.S. Cygnus slowly gets pulled into The Black Hole a slight bit of movement on the flame this is cool.

JBL 4645
06-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Well I have some cleaning to do around the home before having fun with candle fluxuation or total blowing out of the candle.

I’m almost certain I did similar thread and here it is!

I have to washing the bathroom and kitchen floor prating around with candles, nothing kinky mind you, there will be no candle wax dripping on my JBL sub.

After seeing the IMAX subs blowing out a bunch of candles lined up in room in front of the air-port opening didn’t surprise me, (but seeing a whole row) of them going out in less than second or so that impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIblZZwU0j0

Lows at certain tone/frequency will produce air flow from the port. I can’t run my JBL TOO HIGH otherwise chuffing will set in and possibility of (exhaustion and bottoming).

The set-up as show is candle 4” away from the port.

There is low tone that does centre on the soundtrack of James Horner’s “Apollo 13” at 29Hz as I was running direct frequency response of yesterday. It’s during the launch sequence at track 9, 6:41 - (that holds tone for few seconds before fading out in the mix) 6:44/

It only fluttered the candle flame around and the power I was using up (was about 3 barograph LED on the Alesis RA300).

If in fact the lows on the IMAX are (centred down around the 23Hz mark) I’d say there will be a few other tones below and above it.

It would be interesting if they produced a bit more technical details on the demo test with RTA measurement microphone placed near by at the same distance with SPL db metre.

Well got to wash the floors now. I’ll be back in jiffy.

JBL 4645
06-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Auhh I’m back “zippity do dar”.

I tried a sine wave at 23Hz and increased level to -3db the flame blew out. (Sooty DOWN!) Sooty is showing curiosity of the test I’m doing.

I’ll make a video later on but I can’t get the webcam where I want it to be unless I have an USB extension cable for it, so I’d have to aim the camera from the far end looking across the room.

Okay lets try
24Hz it blew out (LOL at this rate I’m, going to be out of matches before I’m out of candles) I need to pop out in jiffy to buy a few boxes or lighter.

25Hz it blew out

20Hz it blew out at -8db

Now since low frequency sine wave tones, for the two subs is patched though the audio mixer I could be slightly off the mark.

I need to patch the lead direct to AVR…

Okay 20Hz at -21db the candle flame blew out at 4”.

Edit: Down at 30Hz -21db and it’s loud from where I’m sat at. The flame starts to bend and lean over.

Not much change at 29Hz

28Hz its starting to bend a lot
27Hz the candle flame blew out.

So the point at 4” away the flame will blow out mind you it was at 27Hz 115db 4” from the port.

JBL 4645
06-06-2010, 07:33 AM
I played the scene with direct link to the sub bass out on the AVR and it recorded this graph.

I guess due to where the microphone was placed and type of microphone otherwise they’d be bit more red or (possibly pink) in the 20Hz to 30Hz mark.

Ether the microphone has restricted the low end at 35Hz because 35Hz isn’t going blow that mark it’s a bit green needs to be bit lively with some brighter colours.

Pull the candles away from the sub and the candle fames won’t blow out. Nature itself will blow them out as nature is more powerful than IMAX will ever be and that’s a fact!

Oh, yes you can play it a few db louder and risk damaging the subs in the process.