PDA

View Full Version : LE10A project, for future consideration.

Doc Mark
11-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Greetings, All,

This afternoon, I went down into the Hobbit Hole to get the chainsaw, as I spent a little time outside, felling some dead fir trees, and bucking them into firewood for our upcoming Winter. On the way down, I noticed my old LE10A's, setting forlorn and forgotten, up on their shelf. So, forgetting about the chainsaw for the moment, I went over the looked them over, for the 10,000th time!! Yep, there they were, with their non-JBL recone job, and the screwdriver hole that the reconing tech had put into one cone, and also that silicone crapola that this same "tech" had smeared onto both cones, to make them look the same, and to cover us his mistake a bit! I KNOW they are no longer true JBL's, but, I still want to use them for a future project!! Weird? Yeah, probably!!

I'm thinking about a 3-way enclosure of about 2-3 cubic feet. The LE10A's would be on the bottom, of course, then crossed over to a 104H, which in turn would be crossed over to a 035Ti. What do you think, Friends? Would this sound good, or is there something better I could do with these components? I only have one 104H, which came out of the single 4312A that I have. I have a couple of 035Ti's, though, and so only another midrange driver would need to be obtained in order to make this little system.

Your thoughts, comments, and suggestions will be much appreciated, Friends!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. Good thing I worked on getting a good start on the firewood! It's raining really hard, right now, and the thunder, which I dearly LOVE, set off our truck alarm, twice tonight!! FUN!!)

johnaec
11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Well, they'd end up a lot like 4410's or L80T's, only with better LF drivers. 'Sounds like a very worthwhile project to me!

John

Doc Mark
11-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Morning, John,

Thanks, very much! That's pretty much what I was hoping to hear! Eventually, we'll have JBL systems in four places in our home, and I have thought that a 3-way, 10" would be very good as one of them. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc