PDA

View Full Version : JBL ST-860 tuner from the 70's

NikonSP
11-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Hello everybody out there!

I'm new to this forum and I need your help, please. I'm collecting Marantz and JBL from the 60's and 70's. As for JBL loudspeakers I have managed to find the following products: L150, L100 Century and L16. As for JBL electronics, I have found: SG-520, what a great preamplifier and an SA-660 which had lived its entire life in a bar!!!! I think the amplifier had experienced about 50 mill. cigarettes and was yellow and dirty
accordingly!! Nevertheless, it was still doing its job but due to problems with a dirty and worn volume pot, the owner wanted something new. I have taken it all apart to clean it, and when I have finished with that, I will have it checked by a tech and then reassemble all the part, and by the way get a new volume pot.
And now, what do I need your help for: Well, for this SA-660 I would like to find a JBL ST-860 tuner mentioned in the 1970 JBL catalogue. But apart from the picture in the catalogue, I'm unable to find ANY information whatsoever about this tuner. No reallly good pictures, no service manual, no prices, no auctions on ebay, no nothing!! I have asked 'Mikes manuals' on ebay, he had nothing to offer of any sort!! Was the ST-860 ever produced, or was it only a prototype for the catalogue?? Now, can anybody help?? By the way: I need 4 original feet for my SG-520, does anybody know, where can I get them?? Regards NikonSP

jcrobso
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
I don't remember ever seeing one.

How ever the SG520 is an excellent preamp. I bought mine used about 30 years ago at a Chicago area Hi-Fi store.
You might be interested in this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=320067228226
This is a service manual for the SG520. John