PDA

View Full Version : DSC280 jbl

Sergek99
10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
hello, i'm sergio from Italy, I have a question:
in disco where i work installed a few years ago a crossover dsc280 JBL. For some time that happens in certain moments (when there are some peak power) dsc280 the clip does not go , but goes off and turn on immediatly. What happened? is a failure? i'ts possible to help me?

scott fitlin
10-28-2008, 03:39 AM
hello, i'm sergio from Italy, I have a question:
in disco where i work installed a few years ago a crossover dsc280 JBL. For some time that happens in certain moments (when there are some peak power) dsc280 the clip does not go , but goes off and turn on immediatly. What happened? is a failure? i'ts possible to help me?I ran a BSS FDS 366t, and years ago, the original DSP processor, the FDS-360.

Both had done this to me a few times, IF you get a MOMENTARY lapse in the electrical power, even though maybe only a 1 second blip, the processor resets, and begins its turn on and reboot like when you first turn on electric power to the system at beginning of the evening.

The power lapse is a power company failure, sometimes you see the lights in a building flicker, not go out, just flicker, the DSP processors seem to be sensitive to this, and where analog gear just keeps going, the slight interrupt causes the processor to shut down, then the turn on sequence begins same as when you first turn on system!

It never happened often at my place, but a few times during the period that I ran them!

As for what to do, I don't really know, maybe keeping the DCS 280 on UPS power conditioners, with battery backup like we use on computers. I can't say for sure, best thing is to contact the manufacturer and see what they say and what type of solution they can tell you about. JBL has phone numbers, and technical support via email. For sure, contact them, SOMEONE will get back to you, Im positive.

As I said, a brief, as in 1 second power drop, will cause this to happen. Maybe the use of Uninteruptable Power Supplies that store a 20 minute supply of AC power to keep you going like we use on computers could be a workable solution.

www.jblpro.com (http://www.jblpro.com)