PDA

View Full Version : Orange fabric update

elwood127
10-21-2008, 07:54 PM
:(Hey all, finally got the sample from Acoustimac. A lttle to bright. Have requested sample from another co. About ready to give up. I'll keep you posted.

gsb001
10-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the update and for sharing your efforts and findings with all.
SB

hjames
10-22-2008, 04:19 AM
:(Hey all, finally got the sample from Acoustimac. A lttle too bright. Have requested sample from another co. About ready to give up. I'll keep you posted.

I dunno - I remember seeing the orange grills when I bought my speakers and it was pretty bright (I bought brown grilled L-36s). I know our color sensibilities have changed since the mid-70s, and the color looks kind of faded in the brochure, but as I recall it was pretty bright orange!

But I don't think I'd want to live with that bright an orange in my home ...
nor avacado green in my kitchen nor a number of shades popular back then.

Of course I opted for grey L-100 replacement grills instead of the blue or orange.

MAXZ28
10-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I imagine you can tone that color down a bit using the DMD-ORA fabric and washing the fabric gently. My order is on the way and I bought enough to experiment with so I'll give it a go.

Honestly, I think that the DMD-ORA is going to be as close to the "original" JBL orange fabric as one will find.

Boss302
11-24-2008, 07:22 PM
FWIW

I went with the DMD DK-TOR (Texas Orange)...think burnt orange.

grumpy
11-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Looks very nice on that size and finish of cabinet! :)

gsb001
11-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Boss - nice work. They look great. Way to stick with it.

How much do you have and how did pricing work out? I'd like some to do two pair of 12'' monitors.
Steve

vettedrummer
11-25-2008, 02:39 AM
Elwood, I really like the Orange sample your holding in that last photo by the JBL logo. How can I get some of that? Cheers, Frank

Boss302
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Boss -

How much do you have and how did pricing work out? I'd like some to do two pair of 12'' monitors.
Steve

Don't have any fabric left over...

I ordered straight from Acoustimac...check link for price.
http://www.acoustimac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=22&category_id=5&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=21&vmcchk=1&Itemid=21

If you order from these folks you gotta specify ORANGE (ORA) or TEXAS ORANGE (TOR) as their online order page is a little messed up.

The Texas Orange is darker than my photos show...think the camera flash washed out the color a little.