PDA

View Full Version : Phishing PM?

Doc Mark
10-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Morning, All,

Did anyone else get a PM from a "captainsensitive", or some such thing, inviting them to join some other audio forum where there are "no rules and insane posters"? As it was addressed to "dude", instead of me, I figured it was just a phishing attempt, and immediately dumped it in the porcelain receptacle and flushed it. Anyone else get that? Thanks, very much, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

BMWCCA
10-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Not me. You should feel honored. :barf:

Hoerninger
10-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Me too.
I told the moderator.

hjames
10-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Weird - I didn't get a PM, I saw a forum posting, and reported to
The Powers That Be (the Mods, who may well be Rockers).

Morning, All,

Did anyone else get a PM from a "captainsensitive", or some such thing, inviting them to join some other audio forum where there are "no rules and insane posters"? As it was addressed to "dude", instead of me, I figured it was just a phishing attempt, and immediately dumped it in the porcelain receptacle and flushed it. Anyone else get that? Thanks, very much, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

ratitifb
10-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Did anyone else get a PM from a "captainsensitive"got too :blink:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22460

toddalin
10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Moi aussi!

toddalin
10-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Weird - (the Mods, who may well be Rockers).

Nah, too conservative.

Ducatista47
10-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Mods & Rockers? Either you guys are as ancient as I am or you have seen Quadrophenia. I wonder if Sting likes to be reminded of his Ace Face role? :p

I was spared getting the PM, but I wonder how any forum with "no rules" would be free of "insane posters?" Or maybe he was referring to Peter Max gone Mad Max.

Clark

hjames
10-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Mods & Rockers? Either you guys are as ancient as I am or you have seen Quadrophenia.

Clark

Nah, I used to read about that stuff in Melodymaker and Enemy (NME - New Music Express) ... the movie came afterwards, but was based on reality ... and Ancient is a bit strong a term ... lets just say seasoned or experienced ...

You may know about my recent Triumph 500 a couple years back, but there were British biked before that, and the ones I owned previously - a Norton and later various Triumphs - those companies were still in production.

toddalin
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Nah, I used to read about that stuff in Melodymaker and Enemy (NME - New Music Express) ... the movie came afterwards, but was based on reality ... and Ancient is a bit strong a term ... lets just say seasoned or experienced ...

You may know about my recent Triumph 500 a couple years back, but there were British biked before that, and the ones I owned previously - a Norton and later various Triumphs - those companies were still in production.

I still have a 1971 Triumph Trident (#1100) I've had since ~'74.

pmakres1
10-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Morning, All,

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Yep, I got one of these as well, also one from "Jock Strapp", and another from "r swipe". Subject lines such as "insane new hifi forum".

Pete

JBL 4645
10-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah I got pm from this lowlife human scum of a wanker!:biting:

I think the site should now ask where you live no sarcastic (I live on the moon) bullshit. I mean it should be mandatory for this site to kindly ask where you live full name that admin can keep under his hat and the user can chose his or hers own username.

Other thing is legitimate phone number and home address that admin along will only know about.

Another thing is checking up on new registered members to see if they have lied or falsified the profile. It should be mandatory for new members that until verified it may take a week until the user has been checked out before he or she can post, on this site.

Now this would cut down drastically on the spammers on this site.

brutal
10-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Many boards limit a members ability to PM until you have X number of posts.

To keep the spammers from just post-blasting, it should require some other form of verification, like a response from a mod or something...

JBL 4645
10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Here’s one of the lowest of lowest human scum-hunts I’ve come across with this email sent to me this evening.:banghead: I then sent this in reply that was so rude and threatening because I’m not going to put up with these human lowlife scum-hunts!:biting: Who ever sent me this they’d stand better chances with a fucking retard than me. What a bunch of losers! :biting:

Dear friend,

Greetings! Am Mrs. Linda Hoffman Now undergoing medical treatment here
in the UK. I am married to Dr. Richard S. Hoffman. We were married for
fifteen years without a child. Before his death he made a vow to use his
wealth for the down trodden and the less privileged in the society.
Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my
matrimonial home.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of five million six
hundred and forty thousand Euros (5,600,000Euros) with a Finance firm
presently, this money is still with the Finance House. Recently, my
Doctor told me that I would not last for the next 45 days due to cancer
problem. Though what disturbs me most is my stroke.

Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to an individual
or group of persons who will utilize this money the way I am going to
instruct here in. I want an individual that will use this fund to
provide succour to poor and indigent persons, orphanages, and widows and
for propagating peace in the universe.

I understand that blessed is the hand that gives. I took this decision
because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my
husband relatives are not inclined to helping poor persons and I do not
want my husband's hard earned money to be misused or spent in the manner
in which my late husband did not specify. I do not want a situation
where this money will be used unwisely, hence the reason for taking this
bold decision.

I do not need any telephone communication in this regard because of my
health and because of the presence of my husband's relatives around me
always. I do not want them to know about this development. As soon as I
receive your reply I shall give you the contacts of my Attorney.
I will also issue you a letter of authority that will empower you as the
original beneficiary of this fund. I want you to always pray for me. My
happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for an individual
for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act according to
my specification herein. Herein are my photos for your perusal.
I await your correspondence to my mail.

Yours Sincerely
Mrs. Linda Hoffman.

Titanium Dome
10-30-2008, 06:54 PM
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Here’s one of the lowest of lowest human scum-hunts I’ve come across with this email sent to me this evening.
Dear friend,

Greetings! Am Mrs. Linda Hoffman Now undergoing medical treatment here
in the UK. I am married to Dr. Richard S. Hoffman. We were married for
fifteen years without a child. Before his death he made a vow to use his
wealth for the down trodden and the less privileged in the society.
Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my
matrimonial home.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of five million six
hundred and forty thousand Euros (5,600,000Euros) with a Finance firm
presently, this money is still with the Finance House. Recently, my
Doctor told me that I would not last for the next 45 days due to cancer
problem. Though what disturbs me most is my stroke.

Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to an individual
or group of persons who will utilize this money the way I am going to
instruct here in. I want an individual that will use this fund to
provide succour to poor and indigent persons, orphanages, and widows and
for propagating peace in the universe.

I understand that blessed is the hand that gives. I took this decision
because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my
husband relatives are not inclined to helping poor persons and I do not
want my husband's hard earned money to be misused or spent in the manner
in which my late husband did not specify. I do not want a situation
where this money will be used unwisely, hence the reason for taking this
bold decision.

I do not need any telephone communication in this regard because of my
health and because of the presence of my husband's relatives around me
always. I do not want them to know about this development. As soon as I
receive your reply I shall give you the contacts of my Attorney.
I will also issue you a letter of authority that will empower you as the
original beneficiary of this fund. I want you to always pray for me. My
happiness is that I lived a life worthy of emulation.

Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for an individual
for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act according to
my specification herein. Herein are my photos for your perusal.
I await your correspondence to my mail.

Yours Sincerely
Mrs. Linda Hoffman.

You're right. What a load...

Let's see if i feel anything for "her."

pmakres1
10-30-2008, 07:41 PM
I get these all the time. :deal::bs:

Pete

JBL 4645
10-31-2008, 04:44 PM
You're right. What a load...

Let's see if i feel anything for "her."

I was looking at Zinch additional comment post reply’s I noticed that, that Muppet captainsensible username is still on these boards I thought bop or one of the other kicked him off the site along with his username.

As for the other thing that woman yes I bet its drag queen dressed up posing as woman.

I was watching this program early this evening on the neighbours TV BBC1 were the topic was this (bank scam fraud bullshit!) I keep getting bogus illegitimate crap at least 2 or 3 times a month telling me my bank details and my account has been suspended.

Oh, yeah oh right like my account as been superseded! If that was so I would have gotten a letter though the post not some lowlife human scum of coward living miles away from me, fucking cowards!

If a spammer came up to me in the street I’ll spit in “its” face and while its wiping “its” face I’ll beat the living daylights out “it” because that’s how pissed off I am about this. :biting:

I get these all the time. :deal::bs:

Pete

Just don’t give the spammer anything to feed off. I bet you like to kick the living daylights out them a (lynch mob) is the word I’m looking for. Chicago had the 2nd worst spammer know to the world was locked-up behind bars I think it was last year for 8 years?

He is so screwed when he gets out with 0 friends and about a few million pissed off fanged to the teeth enemies!:biting:

JBL 4645
11-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Get a load of this fucking rubbish gang! a few nights ago over on the AVS site a member called (goneten) from South Africa had the nerve to ask me this…! :biting:

Hey Mr JBL,

I need your help. I have been wanting to import the Panasonic BD-35 bluray player but for some reason there are no UK sites that are willing to ship abroad.

There is simply no way I can get this player unless I get someone in the UK to purchase and then ship. What I am proposing is that I transfer the full amount into your bank account and then you purchase the goods.

I will then get priority mail or some mailing company to ship from the UK to South Africa. I know this is a lot to consider but I am almost at wits end.

Please think about it. I'm not sure what other choice I have. Just let me know if you are okay with the idea. If not then I will fully understand.

Thanks.

Regards,
Vaughan

The pm resulted in me attacking back with fierce conviction because human lowlife sucm like this doesn’t deserve to post on the AVS site much less send a low pm as this, asking for him to deposit his money into my bank account so he can buy a fucking bluray player the motherf%cker!:biting:

Cheek is what I call it bloody cheek. I wouldn’t have the cheek to ask my dad for something like this.

It later went on the open public forums in the subwoofer transducer forums it was your typical flame war. England VS South Africa the score at the end was.

England 6:bouncy:
South Africa 1http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon13.gif

Yeah I kicked his spammy ass into the corner with total humiliation and he kept on persisting he never asked for bank account details. It may read in the quoted pm above but when someone whom I’ve never meet much less a fucking lowlife sending me pm because he thinks I might not have all my marbles in the bag can run that scam buy me, is asking for deep, deep, deep trouble!:biting:

This morning after getting back from ASDA I turn on the computer and check my email and what the fuck do I see in my spam box! Read it even mentions Africa!!

Hello My Dear friend,

How are you doing together with your entire family, I hope all is well? Please carefully read and understand my reason of contacting you through this email. I am Mr SANKARA AHMED . The chief Auditor Bill and Exchange Foreign Remittance Unit African Development Bank (ADB). Ouagadougou Burkina - Faso West Africa.

Here. I am contacting you because of an abandoned sum of Nineteen Million Three Hundred Thousand United State Dollars. ($19.3 Million) that was deposited by a late customer of this bank called Mr. Rafik Bahaa Edine Hariri.

A very prominent man who was doing business transaction with our bank. He was a citizen of Lebanon. This bank unfortunately lost his life through assassinated on February 14, 2005 when explosives equivalent to around 300 kg of C4 were detonated as his motorcade drove past the Saint George Hotel in the Lebanese capital, Beirut.

The bank has no knowledge about his death. Upon this discovery that i decided to make this business proposal to you since the banking laws and guidelines here stipulate that if such funds remain unclaimed here after nine years, the money will be transferred into the Central Bank Treasury as unclaimed fund.

My stand to contact you now is that, a foreign has the legal right to put claim to such deposit followed by you will proof your claim with the bank. Therefore, I want you to apply as his business partner.

This transaction is going to be a success because, a foreigner is compulsorily needed to present himself or herself as the next of kin to this deceased bank customer and hence the beneficiary of the fundbecause the fund depositor was a foreigner. I therefore, desperately need your assistance to claim and receive this huge sum of money into your account.

For the assistance in this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% of the total fund in respect of the provision of your bank account and the assistance you are to render on the process. 55% would be for me as the originator and initiator of the transaction, and the rest 5% will be used to off-set any minor expenses which may arise during the process of transferring the fund into your account.

I and my entire
family will leave here immediately for your country in order to share the profits and we also invest part of my own share over there, as soon as the fund is transferred into your account.

Please endeavour to keep this transaction very secret and highly confidential because i will lose my work here as bank staff, where the bank authority here finds out that you and I are collaborating in this "Special Deal". Please also be rest-assured that this business is 100% risk-free, and all the information and data's you will need to make successful claim of this fund in the bank here are fully ready with me here.

Note Well: Please urgently confirm your willingness and interest to assist me by filling and sending back to me the needed information below and also call me immediately on my private phone numbers: +0022670437906

1. NAME IN FULL:.........................................
2. ADDRESS:.......................................... ...
3. NATIONALITY:...................................... ...
4. AGE:.............................................. ...
5. Sex............................................... ...
6. OCCUPATION:....................................... ...
7. MARITAL STATUS:.......................................
8. PHONE............................................. ...
9. FAX:.............................................. ...

AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING MANEGER,
BANK OF AFRICA (A.D.B)
OUAGADOUGOU-BURKINA FASO.

Thanks and best regards.
Mr SANKARA AHMED

Please for further information and enquiries feel free to contact me through my alternative email address: [email protected]

Yeah I’d say its from the same person and he better fucking hope I never find out where he lives because there is no measure to what I will do to this fucking lowlife who is trying to scam me and take my money for which I don’t get a lot and scum like this needs to be thrown into a pit of Florida alligators!

http://www.great-florida-vacations.com/image-files/alligator_farm_205.jpg

That concludes my rant on SPAM! :biting: