PDA

View Full Version : JBL Orange Cloth Update

elwood127
10-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, I ordered (DK-GOL) gold cloth from Acoutimac.com because the sample looked perfect on my screen. It turned out much lighter than it appeared. I just requested a sample of the (DK-ORA) orange. It's not a stocked color either so hopefully they will have a swatch. If it is lighter than the sample on my pc screen it might be pretty close. The minimum non-stocked order is $85.00. Don't want to pay that again. I have at least 12 ft. x 60 inches left if anyone likes it. Very nice fabric. Stretches great. I'll let you know what happens. Brian.:(

gsb001
10-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Too bad on the gold / yellow color. They are bright. Wow. Please let me know about the orange - I'll go in on the min buy with you.
Steve

elwood127
10-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey Steve, the salesman showed pitty on me and is sending orange sample for free. Should have it in a few days. I'll keep you posted. Brian.

gsb001
10-03-2008, 10:03 PM
cool

Serum
10-04-2008, 05:14 AM
What's up with the carpet around the cabinets? is this your way to have the wife accept the speakers?

JBL 4645
10-04-2008, 07:08 AM
What's up with the carpet around the cabinets? is this your way to have the wife accept the speakers?

I also noticed that as well. LOL :D I like the carpet is that the same carpet I’m seeing that is on the floor that is also around the JBL nice talk about camouflage.

So I guess you have to vacuum the JBL now and then give them a little "shake and vac"! :p

http://www.childofthe1980s.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/shake-n-vac.jpg

Serum
10-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Perhaps they are long awaited Chameleon series? 'blends right in' The orange/yellow front kinda gives it away though..

JBL 4645
10-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Perhaps they are long awaited Chameleon series? 'blends right in' The orange/yellow front kinda gives it away though..

You mean the colour of the grill cloth sticks out like a sore thumb.:D

I think the colours are welcoming warm colours do that when going into ones home “warm welcoming colours.”:)

elwood127
10-05-2008, 08:09 AM
That is a custom acoustic treatment. The analysis of the reverberations blah, blah, blah. I'm a carpet layer. Didn't have cash to use veniers. Wish I had seen the post of the JBL towers with the speckle paint sooner though. Looks very nice. I must say that the size of the units was drastically bigger when high lighted by that bold fabric. Will stick to my guns and wait for orange sample but may go black or charcoal grey. These things are like neon bill boards. Wow!

Doc Mark
10-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey, Elwood,

I'd go with the charcoal grey. As you have already carpeted your speakers, the grey will compliment the color of carpet on both the speakers and floor, and should look fairly nice. Just my thought. Best of luck on whatever you decide. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. I must that, when I first saw your carpeted speakers, they reminded me of in interior of an old Dodge van I had, many years ago!!;);):D