PDA

View Full Version : Altec Lansing "Atlantic" Speakers 1978

pburd
09-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Does anyone have any info on Altec Lansing "Atlantic" home audio speakers manufactured around 1978. Cabinets are 11.5" x 21" x 8". They have 7" drivers and dual 2" tweeters (one angled down and one angled up). There is no model number on them. I bought them as part of my "first stereo system" and still use them today in my workshop. I replaced the drivers long ago with cheap radio shack components, and now the tweeters are really fried. I would like to replace the tweeters. They are not great speakers, but I would like to maintain them for the sake of nostalgia. I power them with a circa early 1970's Fisher 122 "Studio Standard" receiver. Can anyone help me find replacemet 2" tweeters to fit these chestnuts??? Thanks.

shaansloan
09-29-2008, 09:08 PM
Does anyone have any info on Altec Lansing "Atlantic" home audio speakers manufactured around 1978. Cabinets are 11.5" x 21" x 8". They have 7" drivers and dual 2" tweeters (one angled down and one angled up). There is no model number on them. I bought them as part of my "first stereo system" and still use them today in my workshop. I replaced the drivers long ago with cheap radio shack components, and now the tweeters are really fried. I would like to replace the tweeters. They are not great speakers, but I would like to maintain them for the sake of nostalgia. I power them with a circa early 1970's Fisher 122 "Studio Standard" receiver. Can anyone help me find replacemet 2" tweeters to fit these chestnuts??? Thanks.

Pburd....why not buy a really nice set of vintage Altecs or JBL's that are all original and sound far better....then you nostalgia is real and your music will leap out at you! :)

If you tell me where your at I could reccomend how to find a really good bargain...

Shaan

shnaggletooth
01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi, brand-new member who's resurrecting this old thread. I have the same question as the OP: any background or spec info on these particular speakers? (I disagree with the OP on the sound quality -- the Atlantics sound great.)