PDA

View Full Version : David Gilmore Live

Robh3606
09-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Anyone else listen to this yet?? I ended up getting the 2 CD 1 DVD version. If you like his new CD it's great!!

Rob:)

Krunchy
09-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi Rob!

Which one, "Remember That Night" or live in Gdansk, the former has a lot more positive reviews but the latter was very recently released.
I would not mind checking both of them out. Been listening to a lot of his material lately, its just good music! :)

Robh3606
09-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Hello Krunchy

I have Live in Gdansk on right now. This one has a orchestral accompaniment of the entire album. It is recorded very well and it is just such a nice and relaxing listen. If you like the studio tracks you gonna love it with the orchestra.

Andyoz
09-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Dave played on the "Jools Holland" show last week. You can see it here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dqx57/

You skip thru to 09:00 when he's interviewed (Jeff Becks sitting in the "Audience")...

Krunchy
09-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Hi Rob, hope you did not get hit too hard with today's storm, this was worse then the one they were yapping about a week or so ago.

I definitely liked On An Island from the first time I heard it at your place so I'll be sure to check out live in Gdansk. I had actually been listening to his two solo albums quite a bit when we got together so I was quite (pleasantly) surprised when you asked me if I'd heard his lates since his first two albums were so spread apart.

here's a link to an interview I found on NPR....I just hope he doesnt keep us waiting too long for a follow up ;)

Have a great weekend!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5375547

Bob Womack
09-30-2008, 07:16 AM
I picked upthe five disk version of Live in Gdansk the first day it was out and have only had time to listen to/watch smoe of the DVDs because I spent some long hours in the studio last week and had a big concert/webcast to mix last night. Loved the concert DVD! Hopefully I can plow in after I catch up sleep. I did get a chance to hear the DVD audio 5.1 mix of On an Island and I'm going to have to hear it again before comment: I love the CD and will have give space to adjust to placement on the surround mix. I've just been to exhausted from the long session hours to be fair.

Bob

Bob Womack
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
The CDs are pretty good - really solid bass! Sounds almost like an Elliot Scheiner mix job, but with the little touch more of lower-mid that Gilmour usually adds. Now I can go back and watch the DVD again. Anyone here found the easter eggs yet? I'll be glad to share their locations but, of course, that will be a spoiler.

Bob

robertbartsch
10-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I have both DVDs and prefer the "remember" title.

I miss the organ guy who died a few weeks ago. I suppose, we will not see any Flyod recordings in the future since Rodger Waters and David Gilmour are no longer good buddies.

Apparently, Fender gave out a one-time award for the best electric guitarist of all time. Gilmour won hands down.

hjames
10-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Hello Krunchy

I have Live in Gdansk on right now. This one has a orchestral accompaniment of the entire album. It is recorded very well and it is just such a nice and relaxing listen. If you like the studio tracks you gonna love it with the orchestra.

Whoa - just read in Mojo that the second guitar slot on the album was done by my all time fav guitarist, Phil Manzanera, of Roxy Music, 801, etc ..
That means it just hit the Must have list for me ...

jbl4ever
11-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Robh, have you seen or listened to the BluRay David Gilmour
Remember that Night (Live at the Royal) It smokes:D

Robh3606
11-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Hello jbl4ever

No I haven't I should check it out. Thanks for the reccomendation.