PDA

View Full Version : There can be only one.

elwood127
09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Woe to the family members and friends of an aspiring audiophile, for there can be only one. One person in the sweet spot. One person lucky enough to find themselves at the apex of musical nirvana. One lonesome chair in the middle of a room standing out like a sore thumb ruining your womens ultimate decor plans. The rest don't understand. They'll never realize the joy of being the one. Never will they feel the lump in there throats when hearing the perfect play. Never will they appreciate the power and beauty and solitude of the sweet spot. Two chairs back to back? No. Side by side? No. There can be only one. The price of being the one is high. Alienated friends and family, pissed off neighbors. Woe to the one that lives in an apartment. It's a shame that the rest don't get what it means to be the one. Other wise they wouldn't ask us a question at the threshhold of "Tank" by ELP. To all the one's reading, never stop being the one. And never forget, it's all about the music. Brian, in the sweet spot of Wyoming.

hjames
09-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Don't lose your head ... :applaud:

So ... Connor or Duncan (or Ramirez)?

SEAWOLF97
09-23-2008, 11:36 AM
One person in the sweet spot. One person lucky enough to find themselves at the apex of musical nirvana. One lonesome chair in the middle of a room standing out like a sore thumb

Must be electrostats ... 2 inch wide "sweet spot"

OTOH .. walsh's have the widest "sweet spot" available.

Fred Sanford
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
That's not true- my Aussie Cattle Dog always goes for the spot just below & in front of me - she always lines up in the sweet spot, facing the speakers. My Lab doesn't care much, and often lies off to the side.

je

Titanium Dome
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
These beg to differ. :bouncy:

Titanium Dome
09-23-2008, 07:58 PM
(I can't believe I'm publicly extolling the virtues of a pair of horns, but I really do like my S/2600s and the Everest DD55000s are phenomenal.):spin:

The sweet spot is immense. Of course, I'm not forgetting the S/3100 either.

JBLRaiser
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
whose is the biggest?:blah:

shaansloan
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
These beg to differ. :bouncy:

Gadzooks Batman.....what are they? Are these in your house Dome?

elwood127
09-23-2008, 09:43 PM
My ears are bleeding just looking at the pics. So much for the deep thoughts on being "the one". But still no pics of the listening chairs.
I can't be the only one who sits alone. These are a set I just built.
36 x 18 x 15 cabs.
LE14A Woofs
L100T Mids
2412H Tweets

elwood127
09-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Sorry, last reply uploaded all by itself.
L110 Crossovers.
Most bought on ebay. Sound pretty good. Don't have much to compare to unfortunately. Thanks for the comradery. Well, I was going to send pics but not sure what the URL thing is all about. Am I a dill weed or am I missing something. How do I send pics? Brian.

Mr. Widget
09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
My ears are bleeding just looking at the pics.Mine too... on the other hand I heard the Everest IIs the other day at Maximum SPL and no bleeding ears... I worried that my eyes might crap out from the pressure waves, but the sound was just about the cleanest least straining I have ever heard in the >120dB zone. Absolutely remarkable.

Widget