PDA

View Full Version : JBL D-130F-6 Speakers

amandaprell
09-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I have 2 old JBL speakers marked D-130F-6.
They are both 16 ohm speakers. One produces sound, the other does not. What do you think the value of the pair would be.

Thanks.

hjames
09-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I have 2 old JBL speakers marked D-130F-6. They are 15" speakers.
They are both 16 ohm speakers. One produces sound, the other does not. What do you think the value of the pair would be.

Thanks.
Usually one working speaker is not worth half of what a working pair might sell for.
Not knowing what is wrong with the other limits its value quite a bit ...

Have you checked prices on eBay lately? Thats often a good indication of what people are willing to pay for something ...

Some excellent pictures of the drivers, (well lit and not blurry pictures shot with a cellphone) might interest the folks here who'd be interested in that model of speaker.

hardtime
09-18-2008, 07:37 PM
These are very valuable speakers. They were used in guitar and base amps. Say Dual Showman. The "F" designation is a speaker mainly sold to Leo Fender for his amps. These are one of the most efficient speaker available.
I know as a bass player, I used to buy at least one speaker a mounth until I switched to the D130-F in the early 60's. They now serve admireablely in my stereo system.

Harvey Gerst
09-19-2008, 09:14 AM
These are very valuable speakers. They were used in guitar and base amps. Say Dual Showman. The "F" designation is a speaker mainly sold to Leo Fender for his amps.
Well, kinda.

They were sold to Fender for distribution to music stores through Fender's MI distribution chain. It was a lot easier doing it that way instead of setting up a new MI distribution chain on our own. We sold our stereo speakers to hi-fi stores, and Fender sold the "F" series to music dealers. We also sold "F" series speakers to Sunn, Rickenbacker, Kustom, Ampeg, Standell, and Mosrite.

They were also used in Fender amps, usually as an option.

jcrobso
12-02-2008, 02:43 PM
These are very valuable speakers. They were used in guitar and base amps. Say Dual Showman. The "F" designation is a speaker mainly sold to Leo Fender for his amps. These are one of the most efficient speaker available.
I know as a bass player, I used to buy at least one speaker a mounth until I switched to the D130-F in the early 60's. They now serve admireablely in my stereo system.
Yes mine also serve in my home system:D. John