PDA

View Full Version : Last piece of the hardware puzzle!

Doc Mark
09-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Greetings, Friends,

Well, I had to head down the mountain to run some business errands today, but I also got to meet another LH member, and score the last piece of my hardware puzzle in this fun project I have been planning!

On CL, I met a fellow who was offering a set of JBL 2380A horns, for a decent price. I contacted him, and have been corresponding and negotiating a little bit. Today, whilst down the mountain, I stopped in a got to meet him in person, and check out his JBL horns. To make a long story short, they are in outstanding nick, and I bought them for what I consider a very good and fair price!

So, the final piece of the hardware puzzle had fallen into place today. Here are the pieces with which I get to play:

4 - 2235H

2 - 2123H

2 - K110's, one in need of a recone

2 - 2420's

2 - LE85's

2 - 2307's

2 - 2311's

2 - 2312's

4 - 2308 lenses

2 - 2445J's

2 - 2380A's

4 - 2405's

1 - 2442HPL

2 - 4333 utility cabinets

1 - 4518 cabinet

All these goodies will be tried in various combinations, to see how I like they way they sound. I'm using my L300's as a benchmark, so to speak, and those 4333's, and the 4518, will be mixed and matched with all of them in the process. I also want to make a pair of smaller satellite speakers, to use in conjunction with these cabinets, too. So, lots to do, but little time to do it, as of now! :( I will try to take a photo of all this stuff, so you can see how it all looks in a family portrait!

Thanks, very, very much, to one and all who have gifted things to me, sold things at more than fair prices, and offered their thoughts, comments, and suggestions on this project I wish to do!! Everything has been very much appreciated, and I'll keep you all abreast of any and all progress that gets made in this very enjoyable undertaking. I expect to learn quite a bit, and look forward to having the time to actually get started. But, it's surely nice to have most of the hardware in hand. Now, to spend some time working out plans, and to score some decent and quality crossover parts........ Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc