PDA

View Full Version : Jbl L5

tom1040
09-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Does anyone know whether these speakers can be bi-amp? Do they have two sets of binding posts?

I am in the process of buying these. From the members who have or had them, I suspect they are mid-line of the JBL pecking order, but I would like your opinions on them. It seems that they would like quite a bit of power to show what they are capable of. Anyway, any information regarding they performance would be great. Thanks in advance for your comments.

By the way, I am going to try a Onkyo Grand Integra M-508 amp, a Yamaha CX-1000 pre and a newly aquired Marantz SA-8001 on them. If they can be bi-amped, I have a Yamaha MX-1000 also.

Thanks again.

Titanium Dome
09-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know whether these speakers can be bi-amp? Do they have two sets of binding posts?

I am in the process of buying these. From the members who have or had them, I suspect they are mid-line of the JBL pecking order, but I would like your opinions on them. It seems that they would like quite a bit of power to show what they are capable of. Anyway, any information regarding they performance would be great. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Thanks again.

Look here if you haven't already.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7498&highlight=series+%281990%29

Titanium Dome
09-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Any two-way (or more) speaker is biampable if you're really committed to the idea, but in the context of your question, the L5 is not. In stock form it has one set of connectors per enclosure.

If it's in excellent operational condition, it's more than mid-line in the pecking order of speakers of its vintage.