PDA

View Full Version : Family Portrait 1976

SEAWOLF97
09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Family Portrait 1976

Doc Mark
09-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Hey, SeaWolf,

That's a great shot!! Could you please tell me where I can download that one? I tried to take a "photo" of it here, but can't transfer that photo into my i-Photo program. Thanks for sharing it with us! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

SEAWOLF97
09-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey, SeaWolf,

That's a great shot!! Could you please tell me where I can download that one? I tried to take a "photo" of it here, but can't transfer that photo into my i-Photo program. Thanks for sharing it with us! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

get the real thing - for $18
http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320242660759&_trksid=e11010.m204&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D 8&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Donald
09-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Gee, I have 5 of those. :applaud:

L36, L100 (4 pair), L65, L120, L300

BMWCCA
09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I tried to take a "photo" of it here, but can't transfer that photo into my i-Photo program.Mark,

Go to this link: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=34135&stc=1&d=1221249036 (just a [ctrl] click "view image" on the photo above in this thread in Firefox). Then if you're using Firefox, simply hold down the [ctrl] key on your Mac (you are on a Mac, right?) while you click on the photo, then click on "save image as" then select "JPEG Picture" in the lower menu as the type of file and "desktop" as the "where". Then click "save", go to your desktop, open iPhoto and drag the file from your desktop into your library. Or I can send you one in an email.

macaroonie
09-13-2008, 04:20 AM
A good while ago I posted a query re the L120. There seems little info or pics of these anywhere. Hows about digging out your camera and post some up esp ones with the lid off. It just seems to me that these were an important part of the line up from that era and are somewhat forgotten these days.
Thanks -- Mac:)

Donald
09-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Mac,

Will do. Mine have one of the odd colors JBL offered for the cloth. It is yellow and is not as optically opaque as brown would be.

I could try some of the cloth mentioned here on the board and make some new covers but they would have a seam. JBL used sock making techniques for the L120 grill. It is a tube of material with no seams.

demon
09-13-2008, 06:38 AM
heres another family portrait, very lifelike:
http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/jbl76/jbl01.jpg
if you like ol'days ads and brochures, you GOTTA check this site out: http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/

macaroonie
09-13-2008, 07:10 AM
You don't see many of those co-ax drivers about.

Titanium Dome
09-13-2008, 10:04 AM
That's a pretty family, eh? The JBLs of the 70s were the most visually pleasing to me, and still are.

I can easily remember going into JBL dealers and experiencing the bright colors, the fresh look and smell of the wood, the sculpted shapes of the grilles, the perfect JBL badges--it was wonderful.

Of course all that faded with time. The grilles got dirty, faded, or disintegrated. The wood got darker and darker, while the smell changed from fresh wood to linseed oil and turpentine. The badges tarnished or disappeared.

It really is a great service by the real Foam Trends to give us back part of that legacy with the wonderful new grilles in foam.

My L100s with the new blue grilles still stand out among all the JBLs I own when it's time to take a picture.

Mr. Widget
09-13-2008, 02:36 PM
That's a pretty family, eh? The JBLs of the 70s were the most visually pleasing to me, and still are.

I can easily remember going into JBL dealers and experiencing the bright colors, the fresh look and smell of the wood, the sculpted shapes of the grilles, the perfect JBL badges--it was wonderful.:bouncy::applaud::bouncy::applaud::bounc y:

Get Foam Trends to make a recreation of the Flair Grille and put some of your Performance Series in them... great sound and aesthetics!

I agree with your appreciation of those beautiful designs... I was also quite taken recently by the new TS Series: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22136

Widget

Doc Mark
09-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Mark,

Go to this link: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=34135&stc=1&d=1221249036 (just a [ctrl] click "view image" on the photo above in this thread in Firefox). Then if you're using Firefox, simply hold down the [ctrl] key on your Mac (you are on a Mac, right?) while you click on the photo, then click on "save image as" then select "JPEG Picture" in the lower menu as the type of file and "desktop" as the "where". Then click "save", go to your desktop, open iPhoto and drag the file from your desktop into your library. Or I can send you one in an email.

Hey, BMWCC,

Yep, we're Mac Folks, and have been since the very first little 128K Mac, which we still have, by the way!! (We use it for a door stop, now, of course! ;):D

Thanks, very much, for the photo tips! I usually use Safari here at the house, but will use Firefox to give your suggestions a try! Again, many thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

hjames
09-13-2008, 09:56 PM
About 5 years ago I switched to a G4 dual 125 PowerMac here - and I'm a big fan of Firefox 3!

Hey, BMWCC,

Yep, we're Mac Folks, - We use it for a door stop, now, of course! ;):D

Thanks, very much, for the photo tips! I usually use Safari here at the house, but will use Firefox to give your suggestions a try! Again, many thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Doc Mark
09-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Evening, Heather,

Cool!! I'll check that out. We dearly love our Macs, and have had more than a few of them since we got that first one, which I think was back in 1984, or so. Great machines, and very reliable.... sort of like the old Classic JBL's, eh??!! ;):D I'm off to bed. Thanks for the recommendation for FF3. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Titanium Dome
09-14-2008, 12:27 AM
and I'm a big fan of Firefox 3!

...and it's free!

I also fire up OmniWeb from time to time.

Titanium Dome
09-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Actually a "control-click" on both Safari and OmniWeb will bring up a similar contextual menu that will allow saving of the image. The menus do seem to have slight differences by application.

1. Safari
2. Firefox
3. OmniWeb

hjames
09-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Actually a "control-click" on both Safari and OmniWeb will bring up a similar contextual menu that will allow saving of the image. The menus do seem to have slight differences by application.

1. Safari
2. Firefox
3. OmniWeb

That's a "right click" for those of us that put a 2 button mouse on the Mac.

Doc Mark
09-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Morning, TiDome,

Uhhhhh, I hate to so thick, but what's a "click"? Is this a mouse click, or a key I'm supposed to click? :o::o: Thanks!

Doc

Doc Mark
09-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Morning, TiDome,

Uhhhhh, I hate to so thick, but what's a "click"? Is this a mouse click, or a key I'm supposed to click? :o::o: Thanks!

Doc

Hey, TiDome,

I "figured it out" :o: and, it works like a champ! Thanks, very much! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Doc Mark
09-14-2008, 01:26 PM
heres another family portrait, very lifelike:
http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/jbl76/jbl01.jpg
if you like ol'days ads and brochures, you GOTTA check this site out: http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/

Hey, Mikey, and All,

Now you've gone and done it, Mates!! I now have this photo as my desk top!! I LOVE IT, but, it's much to "distracting" for me to leave it that way, for too long!! I'll leave it for a bit, then go back to Mac blue, which rather reminds me of Zilchcloth!! ;) Thanks, Friends, as this has been fun! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Titanium Dome
09-14-2008, 01:46 PM
That's a "right click" for those of us that put a 2 button mouse on the Mac.

What's a mouse? :rotfl:

OK, weak joke. I have a trackpad on my MacBook Pro. ;)

demon
09-14-2008, 01:50 PM
well its a trapped mouse then, is it?

hey doc, im very happy i could bring this picture in.
have fun!

cheers,
mikey