PDA

View Full Version : Normal RE for 2213H

Russellc
09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Got a pair, ( 2213H ) one is at 4.5 or so, which it looks like is normal. the other is a little higher, at 5.0...is this within the range of normal? or is it indicative of any problems? I'm inclined to think its ok, but it is a little more than 20%, what say the Jbl experts? They really look nice! They will be put in an approximate 3 cu ft box, sealed. Crossed at 1200 or so to a compression driver and JBL wave guide, not that it really matters.:blah:

Any input is appreciated. I do not yet have the box built to mount them in, so trying them out is a little difficult, at least mounted anyway.

Thanks,
Russellc

Mannermusic
09-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Got a pair, ( 2213H ) one is at 4.5 or so, which it looks like is normal. the other is a little higher, at 5.0...is this within the range of normal? or is it indicative of any problems? I'm inclined to think its ok, but it is a little more than 20%, what say the Jbl experts? They really look nice! They will be put in an approximate 3 cu ft box, sealed. Crossed at 1200 or so to a compression driver and JBL wave guide, not that it really matters.:blah:

Any input is appreciated. I do not yet have the box built to mount them in, so trying them out is a little difficult, at least mounted anyway.

Thanks,
Russellc

Just sold a couple in good shape which had R of 4.5 and 4.8. The JBL nominal value is 4.4 ohms and +/- 10% would be approx. 4 - 4.8 ohms. 5.0 is 13.6% high. How's your meter calibration? MM

Russellc
09-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Just sold a couple in good shape which had R of 4.5 and 4.8. The JBL nominal value is 4.4 ohms and +/- 10% would be approx. 4 - 4.8 ohms. 5.0 is 13.6% high. How's your meter calibration? MM

Good question. Its a fluke 12 multimeter I've had since new. While it isnt saying much, I never had reason to doubt it, seemed to be on measuring known values. Does go inacurate when battery is dieing, but it has a warning light, however accurate that is. I can get one down to 4.4, but the other is on 5.0 Thanks for the responses.

Russellc

Zilch
09-11-2008, 08:56 PM
A factory new pair = 4.8, 5.0

Russellc
09-12-2008, 04:27 AM
A factory new pair = 4.8, 5.0

Guess that's within the norm then. One seems a little louder than the other at 1khz, but it may be pyscho effects of thinking about it too much. Time to cut wood. ( Or find a box to recycle!):bouncy:

Russellc