PDA

View Full Version : 4430 construction questions

Nordwall
09-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Hello to all,

Finally getting around to building these and the subs to go with them.
Question: At what point does all the bracing get installed?

Do you eventually do the bracing through the woofer cutout?

I am working from the hoffman pdf's

Thanks

bigyank
09-09-2008, 12:53 PM
One would, IMO, dry fit every piece. If you are using MDF (are you?), maybe cross-bracing the top to bottom against side to side (search through this forum for examples).

Yank

Nordwall
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Yes walnut veneered MDF. But my question refers to when all the internal bracing is put. I appreciate the help AND have been through the search process. I know how the guys are about asking redundant questions.

bigyank
09-09-2008, 03:04 PM
How about some pics? This would help. :D

Yank

Nordwall
09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I will try and get some pics posted as I go through the process. I am going ahead with the glue-up tomorrow, and then adding the internal bracing afterward. Will continue to search through the forum for guidance.:blink:

Doc Mark
09-10-2008, 07:42 AM
Morning, Nordwall,

In every cabinet I've ever build, in which I put bracing, which is most of them, I have always assembled the top, bottom, and sides, first, then added all my bracing, then installed the baffle and back. Don't know how everyone else does it, but for me, that makes it MUCH easier to install the bracing, and make sure it all fits nice and tight, by gluing and screwing it into place before the baffle and back go into the box. For what it's worth... Good luck on your project, and have fun! God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Nordwall
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Right in the middle of the project and cannot determine from the hoffman drawings what the correct opening for the 2426 driver should be. From the jbl site the driver measures 5-7/8. Does anyone have the actual opening measurement.