boputnam
04-13-2004, 03:08 PM
ibid, p3/4

boputnam
04-13-2004, 03:11 PM
ibid, p4/4

scott fitlin
04-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Hilliard was a brilliant man. Bo, where did you find this article?

boputnam
04-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Hey, Scott...

Sorry for delay - had rehearsal 'til late last night... :rockin:

4345 emailed that to me, with the following:

Bo,

I made these copies at the library not too long ago. (Can you) post them to the Lansing sight (?). Perhaps you could, if
you think others might be interested. It is an article in Electronics magazine that introduces the Shearer horn system. This is a fairly important document in my opinion. I have a few other pages that are ads. They are not in the library either.

Maybe he'll pitch-up here and add some color to this.

04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
The article is from Electronics magazine. It seemed to be popular in the 30's. Perhaps someone knows what became of the magazine. Did it change its name? etc.

I thought this article was an essential part of Lansing history and might be good for the sight.

Your local library might have bound copies. I think it was published by McGraw Hill? I used to read through older magazines in the library and made these copies a while back. Perhaps someone could contact the publisher. Maybe they have clean copies or digital files available?

Lansing advertised in many issues starting just after that article was written, which is when he started making theater speakers. I have some copies of ads by Lansing and will try to get them posted soon.

Perhaps others might know of other publications that have interesting articles or ads?

Thanks again to Bo for posting them.