PDA

View Full Version : aquarius one issues

shzmm
04-13-2004, 07:52 AM
hello i have a pair of aquarius ones that i am looking to restore. currently the drivers surrounds are falling apart but generally the speakers are in good condition. is it possible to replace these surrounds? i was also wondering if it wouldn't be better to forget the attatchments in front of the speakers and use normal cones instead of the original aquarius style...
any suggesstions?

boputnam
04-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Hey...

The Search button will find you many threads and posts on resurrounds, and sources. Yes, it is possible to do this yourself, or there are JBL Factory authorized service outlets to do it for you.

"Search"... ;)

I'm not sure I understand the second part of your question. Could you explain, further? The Aquarius is a pretty carefully designed acoustic beast, and any tweaks to it are not advised. :no:

GordonW
04-13-2004, 02:14 PM
What Bo said. The crossover and cabinet are designed to work with that lens/director plate thing in front of the driver.

BTW: I have some JBL LE8 and LE10 surrounds... I got a bunch of them in trade, from a friend who does PA repair. PM me if you want them, I'll sell 'em cheap...

Regards,
Gordon.