PDA

View Full Version : 4315 and Subwoofer Thoughts

Regis
08-30-2008, 08:36 AM
All,

I recieved the two Velodyne HGS-12 subwoofers yesterday. They are finished in piano black and they aren't all that big. The box is 14" x 14" x 16", but they are heavy!

First impressions are they are dead quiet. Not a sound and I wasn't sure if they were even on. Set the volume to about 1/3 and the crossover 80hz and then sat down and hit the play button. Yes, they are definitely 'ON'. No doubt about it.

They are very musical and pair up very, very well with the 4315's. What the 4315's lack in bass, these more than make up for it. Very deep lows with no rumble or distortion and the Velodyne subs are very agile. I had misgivings, as I've never heard a pair of these subs and was relying on the advice from people (Edgewound) and others on this site who had far more experience than I do. Thanks all for your advice on this particular application.:D

Doc Mark
08-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Hello, Regis,

Congratulations on getting your system setup the way you wanted!! Well done!! When we were at your place, listening to the L300's, your 4315's sounded very good to us, too, in a different sort of way. But, they were smooth, clean, clear, and very nice. Glad the subs add in some bass for you, and that you are all setup, now!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. We've been listening to some Windam Hill stuff, all morning, and at fairly low volume. Our new L300's sound just perfect to us, and we both are very happy with them! Thanks, again, Regis!