PDA

View Full Version : Care of L300's, please?

Doc Mark
08-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Greetings, Friends,

When I picked up my new L300's from Regis, he told me that he had never waxed them, which is probably for the best. I know about the several formulas for oiling such cabinets, and will pick from amongst them to find one that seems to work best. My question is, how often should lovely cabinets like be oiled? Is there anything else of which I need to be aware, being the new custodian of these wonderful L300's? Thanks for any and all suggestions for the best care and feeding of one of JBL's most lovely speakers, in my opinion! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc (who is, right now, listening to more Steely Dan, as I type this!!) YEAH!!:D:applaud::bouncy:

majick47
08-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I use the JBL recommended formula for the walnut vaneer cabinets, have it filed away somewhere, a quick search will bring it up.

Doc Mark
08-31-2008, 02:46 PM
I use the JBL recommended formula for the walnut vaneer cabinets, have it filed away somewhere, a quick search will bring it up.

Hello, Majick,

Thanks, very much! You are right, one quick search, and now it's at hand! I also found it in my old JBL Enclosure Information Manual. Same formula. I shall obtain some boiled linseed oil, and pure gum turpentine, do the mix, and apply the results. I'll very probably do the L19's I just got, and also my old 4408's, too, though they each will require some sanding before being ready for the oiling. Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc