PDA

View Full Version : Paper or... Paper?

AnubisXII
08-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Hello, lady and gentlemen of the forum.
I just realized something. Only one of my 150 4Cs is marked with the number, "150-101". The other one appears to be exactly the same, but it is not identified with that number. Or any number for that matter. But it does have the hand-written resistance factor(?) written on the cone in white, as does the other.
Were all factory-installed paper cones identified with this number? How about original replacement cones? Under what circumstances would the paper cone not bare the number "150-101" on a 150 4C?
Does this matter to the collector? Does this matter to the guy rebuilding the Paragon? Should this matter to me?
The reason I ask is... I just posted these on ebay with a pretty high opening bid. The reason it is so high is because I like them. And they are mine. I can live without them, but I don't want to try to live without them for any less than what I have listed as an opening bid.
That amount will help ease my pain and suffering.
And put new wheels on my 71 Mustang.

But I don't want to screw anyone in the process. Nor do I want to seem like I'm trying to screw anyone. So if any of you smart guys could kinda fill me in on this missing number, I really would appreciate it. I really need to know if it is something I should put in a re-edit of my item description on ebay, or if I'm overreacting like some kind of dorkus.

:blink:
Thanks. A12.

John
08-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I would say if the front of the cones look exactly the same including the color and the spiders in the rear look the same as well as color they are the same and original

Mr. Widget
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Were all factory...Shoot a PM to Oldmics. He is the resident expert on 150-4Cs.

Widget