PDA

View Full Version : E-120 Dust cap replacement

Clifton Hanger
08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Hello,
Is it possible to just replace the Dust Cap on an E120 without having to do an entire recone kit?

If it is possible, do you have reccomendations on who sells just replacement dust caps?

One of our drummers (insert bad drummer joke here:barf:) inadvertantly pressed up against the dust cap causing an indentation.(we were on a tight stage) Well, I had to play on without pulling out the indentation and later in the night the dust cap just blew open and ripped where the crease was.

Fred Sanford
08-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I had the dust cap replaced on an E140 not long ago, it can be done.

Part # appears to be "Dust Dome 21060" for the E120.

je

Clifton Hanger
08-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks!

Do you have any recommendation or preference on who stocks that item?
(I am going to try googling it too)

Fred Sanford
08-19-2008, 01:22 PM
They're on the current JBL price sheet, I think- any JBL service center should be able to order/install them. Others here (that are JBL authorized repair folks themselves) will probably pipe in soon.

je

John
08-19-2008, 01:29 PM
If you want one for free, shoot me a PM.:blah:

speakerex
08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Yes you can easily replace the dustcap without needing a recone.
you have the option of a fiber low freq cap or a chrome cap. either one is available. [email protected]

hjames
08-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes you can easily replace the dustcap without needing a recone. you have the option of a fiber low freq cap or a chrome cap. either one is available. [email protected]

'zat cheaper than free??
Awesome!

Clifton Hanger
08-27-2008, 07:46 AM

John, you have a PM. I was away on business and out of touch for a week, but your offer is so generous, thanks so much!