PDA

View Full Version : I need help - grill fabric

gsb001
08-17-2008, 02:06 AM
I知 looking for fabric for grill frames I知 making.

I could not find any threads when I did search. Please send me any links on this topic.

I知 trying to learn about what options are available.

I have 4311 and 4312 fames I want to make. Is there org fabric still available?

What are the aftermarket selections like?

Thanks,
Steve

AZ_Gary
08-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Steve,

Here are a few, not original, but ...

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

I am in the process of installing cloth on some frames I just made, soon as the paint dries. How do you attach the cloth to the frame?

Gary

hjames
08-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Believe I replied to this in another thread you had asking about grill cloth ...
Send a PM to member "Zilch" he has a big stash of the JBL dark blue monitor cloth that I've used on projects in the past ...

Also - do a search on this site - there are at least a half dozen thread with people talking about gluing down grill cloth to frames ...
dinner soon so no time to search them out for you, but, they ARE here ...

I’m looking for fabric for grill frames I’m making.

I could not find any threads when I did search. Please send me any links on this topic.

I’m trying to learn about what options are available.

I have 4311 and 4312 fames I want to make. Is there org fabric still available?

What are the aftermarket selections like?

Thanks,
Steve

AZ_Gary
08-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Heather,

Thanks for the direction. I have some 3M Super 77 so I used it. Very nice to work with and the speakers look great.

Thanks again,

Gary

sonofagun
08-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Easy - just shop some fabric stores for some stretch polyester - most will have several choices.

hjames
08-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Back from Dinner - and a few moments searching the site for "grill cloth" gave me this thread ...
Zilch Cloth Installation -

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7941

this oughta help!

robertbartsch
08-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I use liquid contact cement to secure the cloth to the frames. Use a couple of coats and let it dry to the touch; then iron them to frame using moderate heat - no steam.

gsb001
08-18-2008, 03:44 PM
hjame - thanks for the link, just what I was looking for.

Now I need to find the org black cloth. I see there might be some blue still avail. I just emailed zlich to check.
SB

bigyank
08-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I use liquid contact cement to secure the cloth to the frames. Use a couple of coats and let it dry to the touch; then iron them to frame using moderate heat - no steam.

I second this method (which I learned here). I dug up an old cheapo black-n-decker travel iron exclusively for this use.

Yank