PDA

View Full Version : GPA 604-8H series II or new series III with urei horn?

baja
08-11-2008, 04:27 AM
hi,
I'm just wondering about my next steps. After a competing audition of a pair 604-8H, the last with alnico magnets and the first with mantaray horns in 612 cabinet, against a pair of 604E in 620 cabinets, I fell in love with the 604H. mids and highs are really superior and in a certain sense the mantaray sonic was a little bit "more modern", what I would prefer. after the audition I drew up a plan to rebuild those 604-8H with their 612 cabinets, because they were not up for sale.
because it's really hard to get a pair of 604H, I'd like t for a new 604 from GPA!
after contacting GPA I have to re-think, if it might be more practical to purchase a new pair of their series 2 with ferrite magnets - or even if it would be an advantageous purchase to go for the new series 3 with urei horn?
now I'm a little bit worried about what to do, because I have to buy them blind and they have to be shipped to germany.
in regard to my preference (mids, highs and a more modern sonic) probably anybody could give me an advice, who as experience with the new series III already?
thanks