PDA

View Full Version : How many vintage monitors are out there?

Guido
04-08-2004, 03:23 AM
I was always wondering how many of our beloved 43xx and 44xx monitors where produced. I know that these numbers are public for example with cars.
But is there any information out there about the production of the monitors.

Interesting, isn't it?

Ralf
04-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Guido
I was always wondering how many of our beloved 43xx and 44xx monitors where produced. I know that these numbers are public for example with cars.
But is there any information out there about the production of the monitors.

Interesting, isn't it?

Since JBL had always problems to document everything reasonably I do not think that there is about it honest information. That is my own ten-year experience with JBL. such information from JBL is then rather assumptions. One can give no faith anyway to marketing numbers. Alone already for propaganda reasons in relation to the competition. Perhaps I lie wrongly thereby. Does it know someone better?

Guido
04-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Is there really no information or is the question just non interesting?

Hofmannhp
04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Guido
Is there really no information or is the question just non interesting?

Hi Guido , Hi Ralf,

I find it very interesting!!
but I think with the help of this forum we can't definetly view over all the hardcore JBLers (like you and me). It may be easy to count the cabs in the forum but who knows how many are beside this.
This can only be answered by a JBL crew member I think.

I will start here:
I own one pair 4435 with no. 483006 and 483098.
my pair of 4333B are non original but with original parts.

HP

Guido
04-12-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't want to count the speakers of the forum members.
What I'm asking is if someone maybe have informations from inside JBL about the number of produced vintage monitors. There must be some statistic or something similar and this should be very interesting.