PDA

View Full Version : Odeon Bournemouth false rumor

CONVERGENCE
07-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I thought I would post this , This theater is still up and operating.
The main sound system is VITAVOX and not Altec A-4 as is often reported
on web sites. It makes Altec speakers look like a cheap company.

Here is the link to the truth about the Odeon Bouremouth England.

Odeon 1 is now the last unsubdivided 'roadshow' house from the era of Rank's sixties twinning projects. It's also the last original un-subdivivided 'cinerama' auditorium in the country. The auditorium is almost circular and the end wall is deeply curved with huge gold glass fibre curtains and red/blue/yellow ceiling rim lighting. Completing the authentic sixties experience is the brown and gold painted stippled plaster and, I kid you not, the original Vitavox loudspeakers. If this cinema were a car it would be called 'a future classic' - catch it while you can, particularly from the front row where a little bit of the cinerama experience lives on...

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/20081/

JBL 4645
07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Well it was pitch black behind the screen when I saw the stage speakers, and I wasn’t imagining it, when I saw the HF horns left and right JBL 2360-A laying on the floor, WTF! Still there a crap loudspeaker because when cranked up to the new amplifiers, all they exhibit is flabby distorted sound on the right channel. Its fault is around 40Hz to 50Hz, that’s where it roughly starts to stick out like sore thumb, and I’ve heard this on at least 4 or 5 films and I want my money and time back.:banghead:

JBL 4645
08-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Well at any rate it still smells like Odeon Wet Fish that can be smelt form miles around!

Who knows you may even be the creature? :D