PDA

View Full Version : The Sky is falling... or at least it feels like it.

John
07-29-2008, 12:37 PM
I pulled these posts from the "After the Fall" thread as they were a bit off topic.

Widget

Hey Todd I hope the ceiling units are still up there .

Every thing ok at you place?:hmm:

toddalin
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey Todd I hope the ceiling units are still up there .

Every thing ok at you place?:hmm:

Yes, we just had a 5.8 earthquake epicenter ~10 miles from here. Everything is still up there, although the cactus (wooden) fell off one of the speakers in the family room and the coyote on the same speaker was leaning against the wall.

Thanks for your concern. ;)

John
07-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Well that's good to hear.:bouncy:

Seems like everytime I visit SOCAL you guys have a shakeup a few days after I leave?:slink:

But then again I was there for a few as well, but I thought it was just a truck going by.:duck:

Doc Mark
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Greetings, Todd,

Having just returned from an out of town work gig, we were getting our paperwork done in the studio this morning, when that tremor hit! Up here on our side of the mountains, our place is built upon granite, so we don't get any of the rocking and rolling that they get over in Big Bear, where they have more sandy loam. For that, we're very thankful! Glad you and Linda had no damage, and I hope that Grumpy, Mech986, and all others of our So. Cal. JBL family, survived in fine fashion, too! Thanks for the update, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

toddalin
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Greetings, Todd,

Having just returned from an out of town work gig, we were getting our paperwork done in the studio this morning, when that tremor hit! Up here on our side of the mountains, our place is built upon granite, so we don't get any of the rocking and rolling that they get over in Big Bear, where they have more sandy loam. For that, we're very thankful! Glad you and Linda had no damage, and I hope that Grumpy, Mech986, and all others of our So. Cal. JBL family, survived in fine fashion, too! Thanks for the update, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Thanks for your concern.

I was actually walking into the door of the jewelry mart to have a ring fixed when it hit. Other than thinking someone had dropped a jewelry case on the floor (I heard the crash and saw the scramble), I had no idea we were even having a quake until I went into get my hair cut afterwards and they were talking about it and had it on the radio. :blink:

Such is life in California!

I was in the Big Bear quake at Big Bear and that was especially hairy! But what was far scarier was once we were finally able to get radio again, they announced that LA just had a major earthquake. We figured that if was that bad in Big Bear..., there was nothing left of LA!

grumpy
07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks Doc... 3mi away. Things that were placed poorly "reminded" us to put
them away. No one hurt, no structural damage. Good to hear that this was a
fairly typical report in the area.

Doc Mark
07-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks Doc... 3mi away. Things that were placed poorly "reminded" us to put
them away. No one hurt, no structural damage. Good to hear that this was a
fairly typical report in the area.

Evening, Grumpy,

That's great news, and both Sweet Bride and I are happy that you suffered neither injury, nor damage! Up here, we got one huge shake, followed by about a minute of light vibration. But, in truth, it was more of a surprise than anything else. Again, glad you are OK, and that all is well. I'll be talking to you soon, and scheduling a visit, when it's convenient for you. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc