PDA

View Full Version : Al B Sure!

Titanium Dome
07-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I was a guest at Hot 92.3 in LA today due to the release of a new public service announcement that we're distributing as a part of our gang prevention campaign for kids to live the Gangfree LifeŽ. Grammy winner Al B Sure! is the #1 DJ in LA in his time slot, and he and music producer Terence Dudley put together the music and lyrics for the PSA. Paige Hurd, who stars on the TV show "Everybody Hates Chris" did the singing/rapping on the song.

My agency worked with Women In Film LA to produce the video, and we went to the station to present Al with a commendation from the City of LA for his pro bono work. While there he sat me in front of the mic, and I relived my college days as manager of WSAE-FM.

So why is this here on LH? Well, in the Clear Channel studios, everywhere I looked there were JBLs. Each of the studios was fitted with 4412A pairs suspended from the ceiling, and the offices and halls were filled with LSRs of various vintages and model numbers.

It truly was JBL everywhere. :yes:

Titanium Dome
07-19-2008, 11:34 AM
I was in KSPN this AM doing another bit. They had Westlakes mounted high on the walls. BBSM-10 they looked to be.

bigyank
07-20-2008, 01:41 PM
TD, no pics for us?:D

Yank