PDA

View Full Version : Help replacing S412P amp please

xsfreetime
07-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi,

I'm new to posting here but I've appreciated the wisdom and advice found on these boards.

I've had JBLs for +/- 30 years, starting with my very first pair of 4311's. I was recently fortunate to obtain a pair of S412P's for $40, and I think I've found a pot of gold except... one of the subs is missing its amp.

I was told by the previous owner that he had tried to have the sub repaired and was told that he needed the amp itself replaced. I can get one installed but I would really appreciate knowing what part # it is and where I might find one.

Thanks in advance!

Don C
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
I've looked, and I can't find any information on this except for the owner's manual. No tech sheet, no schematic. I can only suggest to call JBL and ask for help.
Edit, looked some more and came up with a service manual. Good luck

xsfreetime
07-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Don,

I appreciate the legwork, thank you. In fact I wrote to JBL about 10 days ago and never heard back from them :(

Are these boards a good place to purchase one of these amps? If not, any shopping suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

RT

P.S. Why is there a "Thumbs down" above my message? I never clicked a "Thumbs down" option.

Don C
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't know if this is a good place to buy the amp or not. It doesn't hurt to ask, occasionally someone will be parting out a speaker with shipping damage or one blown speaker. But I don't think that I've ever seen S412 parts offered here before. Keep searching ebay and also go ahead and call JBL.

xsfreetime
07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks again Don. BTW, I'm a little ways south of you, in Los Gatos. Hope our homes don't burn down this summer ;)