PDA

View Full Version : JBL 2235H Surrounds at Parts Express

jbl
07-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi all,
I plan to do my first refoam of a pair of 2235H woofers. Thanks to Bo's great effort detailing the refoam proceedure, I feel confident to take on the job myself.
I see that Parts Express has the surrounds for $30 a pair. They say in their ad that the surrounds are a perfect fit and will bring the 2235s back to original JBL spec.
Anyone have experience with PE surrounds?
If so, how do they compare to the ones Rick Cobb has to offer?
My goal is to use the best.
Thanks for your opinions.

Ron

boputnam
07-14-2008, 10:19 AM
(from a pm...)

Hi, Ron...

Boy that is a tough one. I know Rick has taken great care, he tells me, to replicate his surrounds as closely as possible to the OEM. Parts Express does a great job, as we all know, but also will sell whatever is on the market (at good pricing). Did they source a better material than Rick did? I can't know.

I know Rick. I've used his 2235 kit, with great results, on a dear friends L200B's (had the 2235H woofs). The kit fit great, and has been working now for at-least 5-yrs.

Glad the thread proved helpful. Giskard encouraged posting it, way-back-in-the-day, as too many were wandering off course, and getting mixed results. While we all prefer recones, re-surround can work.

pentictonklaus
07-14-2008, 11:09 AM
I have used Rick's on my 136a some years ago. Very good.
Also bear in mind that Rick is sending a 30 HZ tone CD with them.
Very handy.

jbl
07-14-2008, 11:22 AM
It's good to know that Rick's surrounds late quite a while. Not saying that the PE surrounds are inferior. I'm sure PE sells quality as well. Just don't have a track record on their surounds one way or the other.
I intend to use the best available.
I've been dealing with PE for many years with great results.

Pentictonklaus makes a good point here. The 30 Hz CD Rick offers.

Ron