PDA

View Full Version : CL-45 Flair

gr42ai
07-12-2008, 12:15 PM
I have a pair of Cl-45 Flairs that I have had for about 20 years. I had the drivers reconed about 12 years ago, and they need to be done again, and new domes on the tweeters just after I bought them. The crossovers are also blown and have been bypassed internaly with a capacitor.

The question is do I fix them and if so who would you recomend to recone the drivers, or do I sell them as-is and what are they worth.

Thank you
Guy

Mannermusic
07-14-2008, 04:13 AM
Well, those are nice cabs - can handle the big 15" drivers or most anything you wish. What, 5-6 cubic feet? I see eight versions available all the way up to S8 monitor 3-way! Could easily pack up the drivers and send to a JBL pro shop of your choice - Orange County Speaker Repair in Calif is not that far for you. See JBL Pro site/customer service for others. I'm not sure which system you have, but the base system - L45A/L45B - has a simple crossover that you may be able to fix yourself if you've done any electronics tinkering. Ck out the Technical Reference/Customer Spec Sheets section at the bottom of the site intro page. Lot of ideas - good luck!
http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Technical%20Sheet/L45A%20Flair%20ts.pdf