PDA

View Full Version : Vintage audo collector

leif
04-05-2004, 08:50 AM
There is a man in Norway with a remarkable collection of vintage audio. I belive he has all the models of JBL that is worth knowing something about. From Paragon to the new K2`s, Everest, L300 and so, to mention some few models.
He is probably one of those in the world with best knowledge about JBL vintage speakers.
There was a report about him in a norwegian magazine this month. I will see if I can get in touch with him a bit later on this spring, and see if I can get a meeting with him and make a repport about his collection for you guys.
Here is a few pictures from his collection of electronic equipment.
http://www.audiophile.no/artikler/nebyhifi.html

Leif Arild

boputnam
04-05-2004, 09:27 AM
HYSTERISKE ENTUSIASTELEMENT!! :yes:

Alex Lancaster
04-05-2004, 02:39 PM
No entiendo ni madres.

Hofmannhp
04-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by leif
....... I will see if I can get in touch with him ......
Leif Arild

Hello Leif,

thats great, .....keep in touch with this guy.....and please try to get some pics.

I feel.....I am sooooooo poor:banghead:

HP (your translator:) )

Triumph Don
04-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Proud to be an American! I count 7 McIntosh units in the "wall"!

JBL Dog
04-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Triumph Don
Proud to be an American! I count 7 McIntosh units in the "wall"!

Talk about a candy store!!

I "proudly" own three of the items pictured (JBL SA600, McIntosh C22 and MC240). Wouldn't mind having some other items on the "wall".

This message comes from JBL Dog :band:

Guido
04-06-2004, 03:30 AM
:jawdrop:

Der Typ ist verueckt

:spin: :spin: :spin: :jawdrop:

speakerdave
04-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by JBL Dog
Talk about a candy store!!
This message comes from JBL Dog :band:

I agree with the general sentiment that it's a dazzle to see a lot of the great equipment in one place. I saw a room very much like that just a couple of weeks ago, and I've been thinking a lot about it since. In fact, the guy had three rooms and a garage FULL. Almost all of it absolutely top classic stuff.

People can buy and sell what they want, but when I know there are lots of guys who would really like to have just one classic amp and can't find it because they're not in circulation or can't afford it because of this intense collector's market, I begin to have a little bit of a problem with the hoarding.

I asked the guy of he circulates the stuff through his listening system. No he doesn't. Too much trouble to bother with. It just sits there.

I know there's no solution, so I probably should just say nothing. But I'll say this. I dont think it's laudable.

David