PDA

View Full Version : new member, first post

perchdog
06-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Hello,
After another crappy week at work, ran across attached add on CL... I really only wanted the model 15's but seller said all or nothing. The woofers were replaced in the 14's but the origanals were included in deal. Seller was origanal owner of 14's, bought the 15's through the news paper approx 20 years ago. the woofers in the 15's were recently reconed and the rest of both pairs were origanal as he recieved...
My question, where can I send the model 14 woofers to get reworked. The seller said the coils are rubbing....

Ps, pretty sure a pair of these will go well with that pair of 1570b's i have been tripping over the past 20 years... Well after their 3000$ vacation in Florida that is....:D

speakerdave
06-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Try Great Plains Audio

oznob
06-29-2008, 09:02 AM
http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! I have posted the link to their web site. I have no personal experience with them but they have a good reputation here.

Mark

perchdog
06-29-2008, 12:52 PM
thanks guys... i have already been to web site and truely believe that is the p[lace to go. i did not realize they have all altecs origanal tooling and experience, too cool.. i guess i have learned something here, again thanks..
david

Gary L
06-29-2008, 05:18 PM
I would be jumping right on both of those pairs of altecs if close enough to pick up.

Hard to tell from the pics what real condition is but if all the original parts are there you can't loose.

I've had many dealings with GPA and it is the only place I would ever send an altec driver for repair.

Gary

perchdog
06-29-2008, 05:52 PM
thanks gary,
there is thread on audio karma about them... i just posted a handful of pics there...
david